Tuesday, January 1, 2013

October 2012

October was another busy month for our family.  Doctor appointments, dentist appointments, 3rd set of tubes for JB, Grandma Puddin's 94th bday, CHS homecoming, Halloween and all that comes along with it, etc...


Check up at Dr. Jill's office

 
 Teeth were perfect!

Cordova Blue Devil Homecoming 2012
 Homecoming Parade



Had to go see Dr. Farr for a flu shot.  I told her if she did well getting the shot, she could wash her hands at the sink...it's the little things :)
 Fun in the church nursery with Gabby and Jenna



 Cabos San Lucas Mexican Restaurant after church!








 Shoe shopping at Belk

Preschool field trip to the Barnyard and Pumpkin Patch
















Boo at the Zoo
My little cupcake



 Grandma Puddin's 94th Bday



 Jane Baird discovered Grandma Puddin's puzzles and wanted to work every one of them.  I taught her how to separate the straight edge pieces and she worked them with just a little help from me.  I was so impressed with her puzzle working skills!!!  This was her first puzzle to do all by herself.
 Musical chairs at our church's halloween party
 Getting her face painted by Mrs. PollyAnna
 Jane Baird had to get her 3RD, yes 3RD set of tubes in her ears in October.  We had to be at Children's Hospital early so she went in her pj's which made her very happy.

After surgery
 Before surgery.  The nurses totally spoiled her.  They gave her this little doll.
 And she got to ride through the halls and play


 And she was having a blast until the nurses told her it was time to go for surgery.  She didn't want to leave me.  She was pouty and then once we were in the hallway she screamed and held on to me for dear life.  The nurse had to rip her off of me and she nearly took my shirt with her.  So sad :(
 Pre surgery--she was a happy girl and you could tell that this wasn't her first rodeo


The procedure went well and we were able to take our healthy little girl home with us that afternoon.  The following month she got another ear infection and we found out that neither tube was in place.  Dr. Farr cleaned tons of dried blood from her ears and said she had a hole in her eardrum that was acting as a drain.  We are giving up on the tubes!




JB dressed herself.  These are her FAVORITE shorts.  They are way to small for her but she loves them and always manages to find them after I hide them from her.


On this beautiful Sunday afternoon we took a ride to Cullman after church.  We went to Hurricane Creek Park and hiked.  It was a scary, strenuous hike but we made it to the water!  Poor Alan carried JB most of the way.  This hike involved LOTS of climbing so we all got our workout in on this day!











 JB would pick up the colored leaves and say, "Mommy, look how cute this one is!"




 JB is an animal lover!  She met this dog at the welcome center.

And finally the night before Halloween we carved our big pumpkin and JB painted the little pumpkins,




 Ready to go to school dressed as a cupcake and I was a pumpkin.  I have to say that I just hate dressing up on Halloween, but I wouldn't want to disappoint any first graders!

 JB cam home from school with green icing on her cupcake costume so we headed to K-Mart to get another costume.  She saw this puppy dog costume and had to have it.  It was a little boyish but I added pink hairbows to the ears to girl it up a bit.  She loved it and I thought she made a cute puppy dog.  We went to a fall festival at a church and then trick or treated in our neighborhood.

No comments: