Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another Busy Week

This was another busy week for us! On Monday, we played with baby pigs. Coach B, our school's P.E. teacher brought her piglets to school for the kids to see. She was so nice to bring them by our house so that Jane Baird could see them after school! Monday evening Jane Baird and I (and sometimes Daddy) go to our dance class. Alan was able to come this week. He took some pictures for me. It is extremely hard to get good pictures at dance class because Jane Baird is all over the place. She isn't still for a second! A few seconds after this pic was taken, JB did something really cute (and Daddy was too busy laughing to take a pic of it): The Itsy Bitsy Spider came on and Jane Baird knows that song really well and knows all of the hand motions. Well, she walks right up and stands beside the teachers and faces the class (as if she is one of the teachers) and shows the other children how it's done! I wonder where she gets that from ?!?! I spent most of the evening chasing after JB to put her bow back in. I finally gave up... She loves to walk on the parachute. She just can't wait for her turn! She wasn't ready to leave the foam pit so Daddy had to go after her. Playing with bubbles! She throws her bow on the floor and runs around with her hair in her eyes just like this all the time. It drives me crazy! Tuesday evening I went to a big consignment sale. I couldn't take Jane Baird with me so I asked my mom to keep her. This is really the first time I've ever asked anyone to keep her. I called to check on her and mom said she was having a blast with Jack and Hayes and never even asked for me. I didn't find much at the sale, but I did buy her a table and chairs for her play room. It's cute and she loves it. I'll post a pic soon! On Thursday we took Jane Baird to Children's for another esophagram because she has been having problems eating. She gets choked while eating we took her in. We found out that she needs to have another esophgeal dilitation. We are scheduled to have that done on the 29th. We are hoping that will help her. Dr. Harmon said that if she didn't improve after that, he would have to do a Bronchoscopy to see if there is a fistula somewhere that is not showing up on the film. We are hoping that the dilitation will help her. She could possibly need to have this procedure every 6 months :( It seems like our hospital visits and procedures are never-ending! We are moving forward with a very positive attitude. It stinks that we have to go through this, especially for Jane Baird and some people have said that they feel sorry for us because we've been through so much. And, yes, we have been through a lot, but Alan and I feel so blessed to have Jane Baird in our lives. The happiness and good that she brings to our lives every day out weighs the bad by a million!!!

2 comments:

missy said...

Yes you and Alan are very blessed with a very precious little doll!! She will do great!! God has taken care of her before and he will take care of her this time!!! She is so pretty!!

Candy Jones said...

Did you get that white table and 2 cute chairs? I saw that but the tag was already gone off it. I wonder if it was the same one? How much did you get it for? Still praying for y'all, especially Jane Baird!