I can't believe my nephew graduated from high school last night! I remember taking Cameron to kindergarten one day. He wanted me to come in to meet his teacher and then he didn't want me to leave. It broke my heart and I teared up as I left the school. And now he's heading to college in August. I wonder if he would let me walk him to class?.... yeah right!
My sis, Cameron's mom flew in Wednesday night for his graduation. She went with my parents and Alan, Jane Baird and I met up with them in Birmingham afterwards. There is no way Jane Baird would have made it through a 2 hour ceremony! We took lots of pics and then all went to eat dinner together. We only see Reagan twice a year and see Cameron maybe four times a year so it was nice to spend some time with them.
Reagan taught Jane Baird to say uh-oh!...it actually sounds like "uh-uh" instead of uh-oh, but it's close enough. At dinner I ordered Jane Baird some mashed potatoes even though I knew she wasn't hungry and then I gave her a fork to play with. She ended up feeding herself pretty well. She made quite a mess, but she had a good time and the best part about it was that the mess wasn't made in my kitchen! Her teacher, Mrs. Jenny lets her practice feeding herself at school so Jane Baird has had some practice.
We didn't get home until midnight last night so I let Jane Baird sleep in her dress. She fell asleep in the car on the way home and didn't even wake up with I got her out. Her teacher said she was so tired and wanted to sleep a lot today. She had a nap when we got home from school today and then went to bed at 7:30 tonight! Hopefully she will be well-rested for tomorrow.
Cameron was exhausted by the time we met up with him so he wasn't really excited about having his picture made but he was a good sport and let us take a few...

Jane Baird was scared of Cameron with the cap on. She wouldn't even let him hold her.

Cameron and his mom (my sis)

Cameron and Grandma and Pops (Pop Pop as Jane Baird calls him), my parents
CONGRATULATIONS, CAMERON!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment