Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My baby is a Preschooler!!!

There have been some big changes for us this week...Jane Baird is now a preschooler! She had been staying with family, but that situation did not work out for us and with less than 24 hours to find something else, we thought we were doomed! Every safe, clean, descent place we called was full and its harder to find places for babies b/c many places are limited to how many babies they can take. Alan and I were both getting worried b/c Alan was supposed to be leaving for Kentucky Wednesday morning, but he couldn't go unless we had found something. We were in a really bad situation and weren't sure we would find anything suitable. Finally about 4:00PM on Tuesday, I found the perfect place! I had been praying and praying for a safe, happy place for Jane Baird and my prayers were answered!!! Her new preschool is at a church less than a mile from my school which is a huge plus. I took a tour Tuesday afternoon and it was exactly what I'd hoped for. They have a curriculum that they follow, do arts and crafts, have music class, and all of that good stuff. Everything is very structured and Jane Baird will get to be with other children. She is the youngest child at the preschool. Right now, there is not a 1 year old class so she is with the 2 year olds. They are really good at accommodating Jane Baird's needs, as she is not able to do everything that 2 year olds can do. We are trying her out at this preschool on a trial basis. If things continue to go well, Jenny, the director, will let her stay at this preschool for the remainder of the school year and next year if we want. Jenny promised that if it wasn't working out (b/c of the age difference of Jane Baird and her classmates) she would let me know in advance so that I would have plenty of time to find a new place for Jane Baird. Jane Baird's first day was Wednesday. I was a NERVOUS WRECK! I took her and handed her over to Jenny, the director, and Jane Baird reached out for me, but she didn't cry. I was so proud of her. Jenny sent me several texts to let me know things were going well so I didn't worry about her. I actually got to sneak away during my planning period to go visit with her on her first day. Jane Baird was happy to see me and didn't fuss when I left. When I picked her up Wednesday afternoon, she was playing with the other kids and it was so sweet! Thursday and Friday at her new Preschool went very well too. Jenny said that Jane Baird is so sweet and such a good baby. I'm hoping things will go well this week and that we will be able to stay there. The one year old class begins this summer so next year Jane Baird will be in a class with children her own age. I'm so glad Jane Baird is happy at her new school. She has been waking up saying, "Bye-bye!" and she gets excited when we arrive at her Preschool. Everything has worked out perfectly and I think this is best for all of us. Thank you, God for answering my prayers!
Mrs. Jenny and Jane Baird on her first day of Preschool
I got to visit Jane Baird during the school day on her first day of school. She was very happy!

No comments: