The weather was beautiful again this weekend. Saturday morning we got up early to see Jack's basketball game. Jane Baird loved it and clapped the whole time. She also tried to get out on the court numerous times. After the game, we headed to Birmingham to meet up with some friends. We had planned to go to a consignment sale and hit a few other shops. We had lunch and then took the kids to iJump for some fun. We left iJump and had dinner at Chick-fil-A and then headed home. Jane Baird was so exhausted from our big day and slept soundly the whole way home.
Sunday we had planned to head back over to B'ham to pick up my check from the consignment sale and pick up any left over items. Before going to B'ham though, we headed back to the park for a little fun. My mom, Jack, and Hayes met us there again. Today was beautiful but chilly so we didn't stay too long.
While on our way to the consignment sale, we were in a little accident. I had just taken my exit and was about to make a right turn onto Alford Ave. I had to yield to the oncoming traffic and all of a sudden this car hit us from behind. She hit us so hard! Thankfully no one was seriously hurt. Jane Baird was asleep in her seat and of course she woke up when the car hit us from behind, but it didn't upset her. Alan was fine too. My neck was really bothering me and I felt nauseated, but after a few hours, I felt much better. We called the police to come make a police report and while we were waiting I was updating my FB status about the accident. Before I was able to type "everyone is ok!" the officer showed up so I hurried to post and scared some people. I had several calling me and texting me! If it had of been serious though, I wouldn't have been updating Facebook! Anyway we finally made it to pick up my check and then headed back home.
This evening Jane Baird was standing up and she just started walking towards me (without a walker) ! She has done this before but never that many steps. She probably took 5 or 6 steps and then fell into my arms. It was the sweetest!
A few pics from the weekend...
Friday night. Alan was tossing Jane Baird into the air and I was about to have a heart attack! She was having fun and laughing so I grabbed my camera. Please ignore the cobwebs on the chandelier...

iJump with Grace, Chris, and their handsome little boy, Logan.

I tried numerous times to get them to look at me at the same time. I finally got a descent shot!

Jane Baird with her new walker... not that she needed another one. She already has two, but she played with this one at that consignment sale that we went to and she wouldn't let go of it so I had to buy it. It was $20 well spent though because she loves it and it won't tump over like her other ones.

Showing off her new puppy dog pajamas. She loves to point at the puppy dog!

Playing in the dirt at the park. We couldn't keep her out of the dirt. She would walk a few steps and then bend down to touch the dirt or to pick up a rock...not very girly!

Clapping those sweet little hands!

I bought some bubbles b/c I thought she might enjoy them. It was really too windy for bubbles today, but we tried them anyway. As you can see, she wasn't very interested!!!
I have been trying to teach Jane Baird how to blow a kiss for months now. I blow her kisses every morning when I drop her off and also throughout the afternoon and evenings hoping that one day she would blow me one back. Well on Saturday we were standing in line at the consignment sale and Jane Baird turns to the sweet little 8 yr old girl in line behind us and blows her a kiss. I couldn't believe it! A complete stranger got her first blown kiss!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment