Monday, August 24, 2009

Back on schedule!

I was so worried that it would be hard to get Jane Baird back on schedule after leaving the hospital. JB is used to being hooked up to machines that beep at all hours of the night and nurses coming in and out all night and baths at 5:00 in the morning and blood pressure checks and temperature checks and so on... Well JB napped a lot yesterday afternoon and took a looooong nap last night (from 7:00 to 11:40) and I finally had to wake her b/c I needed to feed her so I could go to bed. I changed her into her jammys after changing her diaper. She took 4 oz of formula mixed with 4 tbsp of rice cereal. It was midnight and I was ready for bed and I wasn't quite sure she would sleep after napping so long. I swaddled her like I used to do and put her down (wasn't sure where I wanted her to sleep at first, but I got brave and put her in her own bed...). I waited for her to cry but she never did. She sucked on her thumb and went right to sleep :-). All night long I listened to that monitor just waiting.... She never woke up. I got up at 6:30 this morning and she is still sleeping. I am so proud of her! And I'm totally exhausted b/c I never allowed myself to fall completely asleeep for worrying about JB! I guess we're back on schedule.

1 comment:

Debi said...

Wow!!! I was so shocked to get to work this morning and see that my sweet Jane Baird was gone!! I'm sad for me, but so glad for her!! Jane Baird, you have been a joy to care for, your sweet personality and infectious smile always made my day better!! I will truly miss you!! Meredith, you make me laugh so much, and you are right, Jane Baird doesn't know it yet, but her mommy ROCKS!! I pray that she will continue to improve, I know she will, she has wonderful parents!! I hope to see you soon, but only for a clinic visit!! Take care Jane Baird, we miss you already!!!

Love,
Debi, RN NICU