Well, we have been so busy since we got home yesterday! We are still trying to move back into our house...unpacking is way harder than packing it seems. I took Jane Baird to her pediatrician this morning. We use Dr. Farr at Birmingham Pediatrics and just love him! He is so sweet and gentle and Jane Baird always smiles when he walks into the room. Anyway everything checked out great--physically and developmentally. After leaving his office, I had to swing back by Children's Hospital to pick up JB's immunization record from Paige, our discharge nurse. It was great to see her again. We didn't get to see her before we left b/c she doesn't work weekends (how nice!). Paige loaded us down with free stuff! (Thanks Paige, you rock! Oh and don't forget to join FB tonight...I'll be looking for you :-) We also visited Debi, our NICU nurse. She was working on the 7th floor today. It was great to see her. She is so warm and kind! Oh and I also noticed while I was on the 7th floor, one more chair had been added to the waiting area. Yay for families with sick babies in the NICU on the 7th floor! (If you visited us in the NICU back in March/April, you will know exactly what I am talking about.)
On our way out of B'ham I ran into Target (in Fultondale) to get Jane Baird some rice cereal. She is almost out of it already. Anyway I am not taking JB anywhere in public b/c of the flu going around but there were hardly any cars there and I knew I could get in and out quickly. I made her wear one of those medical masks the whole time we were in there. I know the clerk at the register thought I was crazy, but I don't care. I also pulled the visor on her carseat carrier all the way down to cover her face and put a blanket to cover her body. While we were there I also bought a ton of antibacterial soap for every sink in our house and hand sanitizer for the house and travel size for my purse and diaper bag. I think I am quickly becoming a germaphobe(sp?)!
When we got home it was time for Jane Baird to eat and then we played on our tummies. Jane Baird is getting up on her knees but not lifting her upper body off the ground. I thought that was pretty good considering she has been laying in a hospital bed for the past 34 days. After about 30 minutes of playing on our tummies, she was ready for a nap. I rolled her back over to her back and she was out in a few seconds! I need to be unpacking and organizing, but blogging is more fun!

I know some of these pics are out of focus and bad lighting. It was a small room and I had to snap fast or I would miss. I didn't use the skills I learned in my photography class...Oops! (Sorry Grethel...my photography skills or lack of are not a reflection of your teaching :-)
1 comment:
Wow!! I missed one day of reading your blog and look at what excitement I missed. So very happy you are home! I am gonna go read everything now....I just clicked on and saw the great news!
Post a Comment