Sunday, August 23, 2009
After 34 long days...
After 34 long days at Children's Hospital, we are home sweet home with Jane Baird!!! We are so happy that our family is back together again. We would like to thank everyone for the visits, gift baskets and goodies, but most of all your prayers. God is so good!!!
Ok, this is how it all happened (thanks to my persuasiveness)
On Saturday when we went to visit JB in the NICU, Emily, the nurse practitioner said we could try to feed her some of her rice cereal with a spoon. Well, the NICU didn't have any spoons and no one could find a spoon anywhere so I ended up going to the cafeteria to get one. Well anyway Emily made a comment about babies being well enough to eat with a spoon are not usually in the NICU.
This morning when we went in I just had this feeling that JB needed to come home with me. Her night nurse, Christie, had her all dressed up for church in her pretty little dressy outfit. Well, that just so happened to be her "going home outfit." Well I thought that was a sign so I decided that I was going to persuade Emily to let us go home.
Me: "Remember how you made that comment about babies that are eating with a spoon don't belong in the NICU? Well I happen to agree with that."
Emily: (Laugh)
Me: "She has been eating very well and gained 15 grams last night. I think she is ready."
Emily: "Let me call Dr. Meunster, the surgeon on call today and see what he thinks."
Me: Ok!
Emily comes back in the room like 3 minutes later and says that the doc said we were good to go! We quickly packed up and were outta there by like 12:30. Our sweet nurse Loretta walked JB and me down where Alan was waiting for us with the car. It was such a happy moment for us but at the same time we were sad to say goodbye to Loretta (and the others). She is such a wonderful nurse and friend. She and JB would watch Barney every night together (Loretta knows all the words to the songs and the dance moves too). We are going to miss all of our nurses...we spent more time with them over the past 34 days than our own families! We didn't get to see Paige either (she doesn't work on weekends). She was going to gove us tons of free stuff but I guess we missed out on that. Oh well, at least she gave us our very own blow up CPR doll! Thank you Paige :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment