What a week! I feel like I say that in every post, but this week I mean it times 10! Alan took me out for my birthday on Saturday and I wasn't really feeling that well. About 4 a.m. Sunday morning I wake up with HORRIBLE stomach pains. To make a long story short I end up driving myself to the emergency room (which is not but a mile from my house) I was hurting so bad I could barely walk and I was throwing up. I got myself checked in and was crying and begging for relief. A CT scan revealed that I had a very large kidney stone stuck at the opening of my right kidney and it was blocking urine flow. I ended up having to have surgery this morning to remove the stone. I am feeling much better but still in a lot of pain. The surgeon left a stint in just in case there are fragments that need to pass, so that is probably the main source of my discomfort; I am so thankful to be rid of the stone!
Everyone who knows Alan knows what a wonderful, kind, caring person he is, but I have to really brag on him because he has gone above and beyond this weekend. Not only has he cared for me, but for Jane Baird as well. She has really been trying to take advantage of him and has also been a little jealous that she is having to share him with me. Alan has cooked every meal for me and JB, washed every dish, washed and folded laundry, dropped off my many prescriptions and then turned right back around to pick them up. He even has been blow drying my hair. Anyway I am so appreciative of all that he has done and wanted to brag on him a little. Thank you, Alan! Jane Baird and I are the luckiest girls to have you!
After lining all of the Powerades up, she was playing "Duck, Duck, Goose!" I thought that was pretty creative!
Getting her "ducks" in a row
Winn dixie had these on sale and then I had coupons to make the deal even sweeter. We got 60 powerades for about $18 (and no, I didn't clear the shelves; there were plenty left for other customers)










No comments:
Post a Comment