Friday, April 29, 2011

On Wednesday morning at 5:30 multiple tornadoes hit our town and surrounding areas. We live in Jasper and there were lots of trees down and damage to homes and buildings. Cordova, the community where I work, was totally devastated. And when I say devastated, I mean DEVASTATED! Our school is fine but just about everything else has been destroyed.
There are lots of people still missing and 13 confirmed deaths (1 of which was a 3rd grader at our school). There are so many rumors going around about the death toll and how many are still missing, so I am not sure about exact numbers but THIS TOWN AND THESE PEOPLE NEED YOUR PRAYERS!
I don't have my own pictures to share, but these are pictures that I've borrowed from facebook from some friends.

1 comment:

Anna Lee said...

OMG!!! Those are some AWESOME pictures! Our house got hit hard. My TreeHouse fell two days ago because the tree that was on it put to much presure on it. I cried for thrity minutes. My Mom and Dad were about to cry to. I could tell. God, why did this have to HAPPEN?!?!?! :(