Monday, January 10, 2011

Yesterday...

I'm kind of going backwards, but I left out yesterday when I was posting our snow pics this morning. Alan had to make a quick trip up to Chattanooga before the snow came so Jane Baird and I went to my parents to spend some time with them and Jack and Hayes. We knew we might be snowed in for a few days so we wanted to get out of the house for a bit. My dad made some gooey chocolate chip cookies and JB was all in them. I think she ate 2! Some times she calls cookies "kee coos." And she wasn't in to sharing either...she got really mad when I tried to get a bite of the cookie that we were supposed to be "sharing." After cookies, Jane Baird, Jack and Hayes played countless games of Ring around the Rosies. She makes everyone play that with her. I was glad she had someone else to play with besides me! Then the kids wrestled and played Jenga. Before we knew it, Daddy was back and it was time for us to go home and wait on the winter weather. We had made several trip to the grocery store so we were READY! I decided to make spaghetti for dinner. Alan and JB both love my spaghetti because I make my own sauce and it is so good and healthy! As you will see in the pics, JB gobbled it up. She didn't say one word at the table b/c she was too busy stuffing her face. I was happy she got a good healthy meal in because she has been going through the picky eater stage. Later I made her some strawberries with whipped cream. JB doesn't really like fruit that much. She'll eat applesauce, but that's about it. But she LOVES strawberries! That could be because when I was pregnant with her I would go through 3 cartons of strawberries in a week. Later on, the snow began to fall. Alan took Jane Baird outside to see the snow. Flakes were falling but no accumulation at that point. She wanted to stay out in it, but it was cold and way past her bedtime. We promised we would go play in it in the morning, and we did. We had so much fun in the snow today! Jane Baird LOVES snowmen and we walked around the hood today looking at all of them. Our favorites were the ones dressed in Oregon colors or holding signs that said Roll Ducks Roll :) We also let JB ride on her tricycle that she got for Christmas. Pics to come...
The cookies! Yelling at me for trying to sneak a bite Ring Around the Rosies Pocket full of posies Ashes, ashes we all fall down! Happy girl! Making Jack play with her again. He is such a good sport :) Taking a little rest So happy to be playing with her cousins And playing again! Jack had to go to time out for being mean to Hayes. I told him to put his nose to the wall. Jane Baird saw him with his nose to the wall so she joined him! Pops told her not to stand on the couch...so what did she do? Jack and Hayes were wrestling so Jane Baird goes and jumps on top! Spaghetti dinner Looking at the snow falling Strawberries and whipped cream

No comments: