Sunday, July 11, 2010
Weekend in the MS Delta
We went to visit my grandmother in Mississippi this weekend. We had a car full: Alan, Jane Baird, my mom, my dad, Jack and myself. We left early Saturday morning but made horrible timing because we kept stopping to shop! We hit a few good consignment boutiques along the way. Anyway we finally made it and Grandma took us out to dinner.
I was a little bit embarrassed about Jane Baird's behavior during dinner. She made a huge mess and knocked things over and threw things on the floor. She even threw a French fry at my grandmother! She wasn't fussing and whining, but just wanted to get into everything and make a mess. She had a good time!
After dinner Jack and Jane Baird were playing with toys in Grandma's living room. Jane Baird kept destroying the towers that Jack had built, she took all of his cars and trucks away from him, and then she would walk up to him and hit him for no reason. At one point Jack shook his finger at Jane Baird and said, "No, no!" Jane Baird then grabbed his finger and bit it! Out of the corner of my eye I saw my mom and dad and even Alan laughing about it. It was funny, but I of course couldn't let her see me laugh. I knew at that point that she was tired and needed to go to bed (she gets a little violent when she's tired...she definitely has my temper).
We finally made it home this evening around 6....after many stops! We went to 3 different restaurants for lunch and they were all closed. We finally ended up eating at Subway because we were starving and it was an hour to the next town. Then we stopped in Columbus for some shopping. Then we stopped for snow cones. It was Jane Baird's first snow cone so of course I got a picture ;) which will be posted tomorrow...I'm too tired to do it tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment