Thursday, July 8, 2010

100 things about me

I was tagged...never done one of these and I didn't think I would be able to come up with 100 things about me, but I did!

100 things about me

1. I am super blessed!

2. I am a wife and mommy…oh yeah, and teacher ( I like to forget that June-August ;)

3. I love my family

4. I love my job but I’m not a workaholic…at 3:15 I get to put my Mommy hat back on!

5. I have a horrible memory and forget important things. I fear that Jane Baird will ask me questions about herself as a baby and I won’t remember…that’s why I blog so much and take lots of pics!!!

6. My family thinks I’m obsessed with my child…is that a bad thing???

7. I love a clean house, but hate to clean!

8. I love to cook, but hate to bake…I’m too messy with flour!

9. I need to exercise more and eat less.

10. My ultimate athletic goal is to run a 5K…I started training last year and just quit for some reason and I can’t remember why! Big regret!!!

11. I hate my nose!

12. I love the color of my eyes…blue but an unusual shade of blue. Just wish they were bigger!

13. I hate to carry a purse. I can’t keep a purse organized no matter how hard I try. I prefer throwing my wallet in Jane Baird’s bag when we go places.

14. I love weekends!!! Alan works lots of hours during the week but is home most weekends.

15. I hate to watch movies

16. The majority of what I watch on tv is reality shows….I think the only show that I watch that isn’t reality is Desperate Housewives…

17. I need to be more frugal

18. Alan and I are doing Dave Ramsey’s money makeover…we haven’t been as “gazelle intense” as we should be, but making huge progress!!!

19. I’ve never had a brand new car…I always buy used. I drive a 2004 Toyota Sequoia and hope to drive it until the wheels fall of! I’m just not in to cars that much.

20. I wear flip flops all the time!

21. I love jewelry, but don’t wear it that much.

22. I wear the same pearl earrings every day.

23. I never add salt to food after its cooked

24. I think I’m addicted to carbs

25. I love fruit

26. My favorite green vegetable is broccoli…don’t really like many green vegetables

27. I hate the flavor of red peppers

28. I don’t like milk

29. I hate mayonnaise!!!

30. Don’t eat that much ketchup…my sauce of choice it BBQ!

31. I don’t really care too much for steak

32. My favorite restaurant is The Melting Pot. I LOVE that place!

33. I sleep have a special blanket that I sleep with every night

34. I’ve memorized Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? By Dr. Seuss

35. I love cheese

36. I love to dance to the music on my IPod while cleaning the kitchen

37. I was born in Texas

38. I wish it wasn’t so darn hot and humid in Alabama!

39. I have a bachelor’s degree from the University of Alabama in Elem Ed and a Master’s degree in Elem Ed from the University of West Alabama. I’ll be paying for my Master’s degree for the next 25 years!!!

40. I always wanted to be a teacher or a dentist but I didn’t believe in myself enough to go to dental school.

41. I bleach my teeth every 6 months…and it’s time for another bleachin’

42. Tried grits for the first time this summer!

43. I hate tea

44. I used to sleep in a t shirt every night. When I was buying things to take to the hospital for JB’s arrival, I realized that I needed a night gown so I bought my first night gown. As it turns out, it’s really comfy so I sleep in it often now. Alan informed me the other night that it wasn’t a night gown, it’s a moo moo (sp?). I can’t help but laugh! I think that’s so funny!!!

45. I love to laugh

46. I have to wash my hair EVERY day or it will look and feel oily. I can’t stand that!

47. I have absolutely no artistic abilities and both my sisters are very artistic L

48. I don’t use credit cards…anymore

49. I always make Alan buy a lottery ticket when he goes out of state…I just know in my heart I was meant to be rich…not ever going to happen on my salary!

50. I have won the lottery before…$5.00

51. I wish I had the time and patience to learn more about my camera so I could take better pics of Jane Baird

52. I can’t stand complainers! Everyone needs to vent sometimes, but geez people!!! Be thankful for the good in your life and focus less on the bad.

53. Very few people can make good French toast that’s not soggy in the middle—I am one of them!

54. I always look forward to home-grown tomatoes in the summertime

55. I never wash my make up off before bed

56. I’m getting lots of grey hair

57. I fear that my hair will fall out

58. I’ve never had a pedicure. My feet are so ticklish and I’m afraid I will start to squirm if someone were to touch them

59. I’m bossy (my family would probably say that was an understatement ;)

60. I’ve learned recently that I am a little moody and it can be taken the wrong way

61. I want to be more of a free spirit and not worry so much about things

62. I think that school shouldn’t start back until September

63. I love when my friends update their blogs…hint, hint!!!

64. I hate to depend on others

65. I’ve learned that the world is full of good, generous people who want to help in a time of great need

66. I work with some really great people who really helped me out last year. When I returned to work in January and my boss welcomed me back at a faculty meeting, I wanted so badly to stand up and let everyone know how much I appreciated them, but I didn’t. I was afraid I would start crying and not be able to regain my composure. I wish I had of done it anyway.

67. I am super emotional…especially after this past year

68. Words that haunt me: “We’ve called the hospital Chaplin”

69. I’ve walked across a glacier

70. I’ve been kissed by Patrick Swayze…on the cheek…when I was in like 1st grade (pre Dirty Dancing era)

71. I’ve only been out of the country twice…lived in New Zealand for a few months and went to the Bahamas for my honeymoon.

72. I’m not really an animal lover. We have a dog that I love from a distance. I absolutely hate cats.

73. I do not like any kind of critters. I make Alan kill bugs.

74. I hate to pump gas and think it’s a man’s job

75. I talk to my mom on the phone daily. I only live a few miles from her so I see her at least 2 or 3 times a week.

76. I always sleep with a fan on.

77. I’m very wordy. When I tell a story, I have to give all of the details…can’t just get right to the point. You’ve probably noticed that about me on my blog updates…

78. When I’m concentrating or doing something, I stick my tongue out a little…I noticed that about myself once in a picture. I’ve passed that on to Jane Baird. But it’s cute when does it…not so much when I do it.

79. I recently learned to sew and have made Jane Baird some outfits…and learned that sewing clothes is not necessarily the cheaper way to go

80. My nickname is “Meme”. Morgan couldn’t pronounce Meredith when she was little so that’s how the name came about. My nieces and nephews have always called me that. Alan called me” Meme” up until Jane Baird was born. Now he calls me Mommy…

81. I never take medicine for anything unless I’m in super pain… I try to tough it out.

82. I recently found out that I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency and have to take Vitamin D once a week.

83. I try really hard to be a good mom.

84. I always lift my feet when going over railroad tracks

85. I try to surround myself with good people so that I can learn from them.

86. I cannot stand to be lied to.

87. I’m not a jealous person. I try to be happy for others when good things happen for them. I wish others would do the same.

88. I’m not a perfect 10…not even close. I’m not even sure if I’m a 5, but my husband makes me feel like I’m a 10. I’m very lucky. I wish I could get closer to 10 though ;)

89. I don’t like putting my life in other people’s hands so I’m usually the driver. Alan drives if we are together. The same goes for Jane Baird…she only rides with me or Alan. And Alan gets a safety lecture before he leaves the house alone with her. I know that makes me sound like a crazy person, but I don’t care. I almost lost my child once and I don’t ever want to go through that again.

90. I never make my bed

91. I try to live by these words: “Do the right thing no matter what.” I also preach that to my first graders at school.

92. I wish Mike Huckabee was president.

93. I hate commercials…even the ones during the Super Bowl. Sometimes the beer ones are really funny though ;)

94. If I cook, my hubby does the dishes.

95. I love our photographer and feel so lucky to have found a good one! Pictures are really important to me.

96. I believe Americans need to take more time off work to spend with their families. Most people in European countries get like 8-10 weeks off each year. Why can’t we??? My hubby works too much…not by choice either!

97. I love the way the air smells in the fall time right as the weather begins to change.

98. I like watching Nick Jr. with Jane Baird.

99. I wish I could play an instrument.

100. I'll say it again, I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

I tag all of my blogger friends!

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

I love reading things like this! I agree about the purse thing. I think it's crazy when I see people with a purse AND a diaper bag, ha!