Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Today, Jane Baird and I had lunch with one of my favorite friends, Alicia. I only see Alicia about twice a year because we teach at different schools now and both are so busy all the time. Jane Baird was super sweet for the first 45 minutes, but once her food was gone, she wanted to get up and run around the restaurant. Every time a waiter or waitress would walk by, she would drop something in their path so that they would have to stop and pick it up. It was so much easier to have lunch with a friend when she was a tiny baby! But she is so entertaining these days and keeps me laughing and I love it! We had two firsts today: Jane Baird loves for us to help her do forwards and backwards flips. Today she bent over, put her head on the floor and then rolled herself over. She stood up and threw her hands in the air (which is her sign for "YAY!") and we both shouted "YAY!" Jane Baird has been trying to jump for weeks now. She climbs up in her puffy chair and jumps out of it and stands on top of other furniture and her toys and does the same. One thing she hasn't been able to do is just jump up while standing on the ground. She tries, but her feet never leave the ground and she ends up doing squats. Well today we were at the doctor's office and she was wearing her Jelly shoes. They made a little tapping noise on the floor so she was up dancing and going crazy trying to make noises with her shoes. All of a sudden she jumps up and her feet finally leave the ground. Her OT said that was like an 18 month skill so I'm really proud! Also, I cannot believe I haven't posted this sooner: Jane Baird has been off the bottle since June 12th! It was so easy and I dreaded taking it away from her for so long. I kept making excuses for why she needed her bottle a little while longer. If I had of known how easy it was going to be, I would have done it sooner :)

No comments: