Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Playing Dress-Up Happy Father's Day to the greatest husband in the world: Alan, to my wonderful dad: Kerry Reese, and to my father in law: Carl Harbison. Jane Baird and I are so lucky to be surrounded by these great men! This Father's Day has been awesome. It began with breakfast in bed for Alan. We made eggs, bacon, toast, and served a blueberry muffin along with a very large Dr. Pepper (that's his coffee). Jane Baird and I crawled in bed with him to watch Dora and eat our breakfast. Then we presented Daddy with his special gift... Jane Baird made this (with a little help from me) for Daddy. We wanted to give him a special homemade gift that would make him smile every time he saw it. I found an easy recipe to make hand print impressions (1 cup flour, 1 cup salt, and a little water. Bake at 200 degrees for an hour and then 250 degrees for another hour until its rock hard.) We added a little food coloring and made our creation. We spelled out "Happy Father's Day" with little picture hanging nails and picture hanging wire (b/c Daddy has hung many, many pictures for us in the past year) We baked it and then painted it, glittered it, and finally added the picture of Jane Baird and Daddy. As you can see, Jane Baird is very proud of our creation. She kisses the pic of her and her daddy :) Later on in the afternoon we went to Winfield to pick up my things that didn't sale in the consignment sale and my check. I was delighted to have made way more money than I thought I would...5 times more than I thought I would make!!! (I love consignment sales!) Then we headed back to the water park for some family fun. We had a fun afternoon running through the water on the splash pad and swimming in the pool. It was so hot though! I put tons of sunscreen on Jane Baird but I still worried about her getting too much sun. Thankfully she didn't get burned. After lots of fun in the water, Jane Baird was ready for a nap. We headed home for a little R&R before my birthday dinner at my parent's house. to be continued...

No comments: