Jane Baird's birthday party was yesterday and we were blessed with beautiful weather! We had her party at my school's playground, where there is a large playground, a pavilion, and a large grassy yard for the kids to run wild. It was the perfect spot! Coach "B," our P.E. teacher left balls, hula hoops, scoops, etc. for the kids to play with. We also brought Jack's Jeep and Haye's 4 wheeler to play with.

It was a beautiful day, but VERY windy. I have bags of streamers and decorations that we didn't even get to use b/c of the wind... I guess I can save them for next year...

It was so windy that the balloons on the left blew away before the day was over! You can't see this from the picture, but Morgan decorated each child's basket with their names. She is very artistic and did a great job. Thanks, Morgan!

Jane Baird going for a ride in the jeep

Hayes on his 4 wheeler

Jane Baird loves playing in rocks. She kept trying to eat them. She won't eat birthday cake, but she'll eat rocks and paper...

We had an egg hunt for the kids. Logan and Jane Baird weren't too interested. They just wanted to sit and play with the eggs. I think Jack ended up hunting the rest of their eggs.

All of the kids had bunny ears in their baskets...I think Logan was the only one to wear them. Isn't he cute!

Look at their wind-blown hair!

The cake and cupcakes made by Mommy! Because Jane Baird doesn't like cake, I made her an ice cream cake. We also had ice cream cups for the kids, but forgot to pass them out...we now have a mess in our cooler!!!

Time for presents!

After the party was over, Grace, Chris, and my mom stayed to help clean up (thank you!). We let the kids go into the gym while we cleaned and we put Jack in charge of babysitting (scary!) Just kidding...Jack is a fantastic babysitter! Anyway when everything was clean, we all played ball in the gym for another hour. We got home around 7:30 and were ready to crash. Jane Baird got a much needed bath and then off to bed she went! She normally has 3-4 naps each day, but yesterday she only got one morning nap and 2 10-minute afternoon naps. I can't believe she made it through the day!!!
We had a fantastic day celebrating Jane Baird's first birthday! Thanks to everyone for coming, the wonderful gifts, and the clean up crew! You all made this day special for my sweet birthday girl!!!
2 comments:
I love your cake! Can't believe you made that. Looks like y'all had a great day. So happy for you Jane Baird celebrated her first birthday!
Thanks, Candy! I probably did like 10 practice cakes trying to make it look like I wanted it to. We had a great day. I hope you guys have a wonderful time celebrating Molly's 1st birthday. I can't believe our babies are already one!!!
Post a Comment