Saturday, February 13, 2010

A present a day!

Valentine's Day has never really been a big deal to Alan or myself. We've always gone to dinner or something, but never really celebrated it in a big way before. (We have always said that everyday is Valentine's Day...cheesy, huh?) Anyway now that our little sweetheart has come along, we have really had some fun with V-Day this year! We have been celebrating Valentine's Day all week at the Harbison house. We have given Jane Baird a new present for each day of the week leading up to Valentine's Day. I know she doesn't understand why she's getting presents and she won't remember, but its fun! This is her little purse. She has carried this around for the past several days. She learned how to open it and loves the sound the Velcro makes. She has also discovered the Velcro on her shoes and loves play that too! This was going to be her first lollipop (that I was just going to let her lick a few times)...but as you can see, it's cracked. She dropped it and it broke :( Today we bought her a bouquet of heart lollipops. I'll let her lick it a few times tomorrow and then her daddy will probably eat them. He loves candy! Another "Books Are Fun" purchase. These 3 large board books all came with cds full of songs. We've not listened to them yet, but I know she will enjoy it. She loves music and dances all the time.
These are her Forest Friends. The "Books Are Fun" man was selling these at our school and I just had to buy them for her. She LOVES them!
This is "Lola" and Jane Baird adores her. You can't tell from the picture, but she is twice the size of Jane Baird. Jane Baird pretends to ride on her when she is feeling playful and then she snuggles with her when she gets sleepy. This is her new little ball toy. She played with one of these at her friend's house one night and loved it so we had to get her one. I hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day!!!

No comments: