Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mommy saves the day!

This is "Lucy the Love Bug." Jane Baird loves her so much. Lucy goes many places with us, including the park for our daily walks.
Yesterday Jane Baird and I went for a walk. Jane Baird was buckled in her stroller like a big girl and Lucy the Love Bug came along with us.
I walked for 35 minutes (and I ran some too) and was exhausted...I haven't been able to run like I had been b/c of the rain so my endurance is lacking! Anyway I was finishing my last lap when I realized that Lucy was no longer with us. I thought maybe she was hiding in the stroller somewhere. There was just no way that Jane Baird could possibly throw her out of the stroller w/out me seeing her or without me running over her.
We got to the car and I put Jane Baird back in her seat and there was no Lucy. I loaded my HEAVY jogging stroller into the back of my car and was about to collaspe...I was still exhausted! As we drove off I was puzzled...where could Lucy be? Instead of taking a left to go home, I decided to drive by the track to see if I could spot her. I saw her! I couldn't just stop on the busy street to jump out and get her. I had to drive up to the college and park there and then walk back to get her. (Keep in mind that I am exhausted)
I parked at the college and so I was like, "Uhg!!!" I had to get Jane Baird out of her seat and carry her with me. Lucy was too far away to just run over and pick her up. I got Jane Baird out of her seat and carried her 1/4 of a mile to pick Lucy up and then walk all the way back to the car! I was having to hold on to her so tight and she was squirming...I was praying to God, "Please give me strength to make it back to the car with out dropping my 18 pound baby!"
I finally made it back to the car. As I was buckling Jane Baird in, I told her that if she threw Lucy out of the stroller again, she would be gone forever...Mommy wasn't going back to get her next time. The things we do for our babies!

No comments: