Monday, October 12, 2009

The last post of the day...I promise!

Jane Baird got to ride on Hayes' Kawasaki Power Wheels (with Daddy's help) and later Jack took her for a ride in his jeep. She was feeling like a big girl and loved it! Jack was so sweet to get off his bike to take her for a ride. Thanks Jack!
Alan decided he would give me a night off from cooking each weekend. He cooked fajitas and made guacamole for us last night. It was so yummy and the best part was when I walked into the kitchen to offer my help and he said "Out of the kitchen! I bring you your dinner when it's ready." Those words were music to my ears!!! I love to cook, but really appreciated my night off! Anyway, back to the point... I told Alan to save a small spoonful of avacado for Jane Baird. I read in my baby food recipe book that babies 6+months can have avacado and Alan and I eat them once a week for the health benefits. I mashed it and added some water and got it to the consistancy of her baby food. I tasted it first and just knew she would love it...not to sweet and not at all bitter. Well, I was badly mistaken. She did not like it at all. We ended up feeding her squash for dinner and she liked it. So now she likes green beans, green peas, sweet potatoes, and squash. She ried peaches this morning and didn't love them and didn't hate them. She wasn't very hungry when she tried them, so we'll see if she likes them when she's hungry.
Below are pics of her trying the avacado.

No comments: