Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh No...JB might be getting sick!

This is one of my biggest fears right now...Jane Baird getting sick! If she gets any kind of infection right now, it could be really serious. That's the main reason I haven't returned to work yet. I just can't take that chance with all of the sick kiddos at school. Also I have to keep her healthy so she can have her next surgery this fall (still don't know when yet). I have to be SUPER protective of her right now. In the middle of the night last night JB woke up coughing and making choking sounds and then crying. I jumped up and ran into her room to check on her. She was fine, just upset from coughing. Anyway I could heard her chest rattling a little and her nose sounded a little stopped up. I loved on her for a while before putting her back down. This morning she still sounded congested. Its so hard for me to tell if the sounds are her TEF sounds or if she is really getting sick. I am praying so hard that she will be ok. I called Alan to tell him and he said that he woke up with a scratchy throat and felt a sinus infection coming on. I am hoping its just the change in the weather or something. I called the nurse this morning and then waited 3 hours for her to call me back. She said DO NOT BRING HER HERE!!! I wasn't even considering that anyway. She told me to get some baby saline spray for her little nose and to suction her out. She said that I needed to prop her mattress up by putting pillows or something under it. Also I need to use a humidifier. I also know some techniques I learned from being at Children's hospital to help break up some of that congestion. (Thank you, Callie for teaching me some Chest PT...I just need one of those Chest PT thingys) I hope all of this works. Oh and I checked her temp (under her arm like they do at the hospital) and it was 99.2. The nurse on the phone told me I need to do it the other way...in her bottom. I've never done that and I'm kinda nervous!

No comments: