We were super excited to get to the hospital this morning. Jane Baird was going to begin feeding again! Shortly after we arrived it was time for her first feeding. I was SHOCKED to find out that all she was going to get was 15ccs of Pedialyte. (15cc is like 2 teaspoons!) I know I bugged the nurses to death this morning trying to get them to give her more (sorry Nurse Stacy and Nurse Gretta, just trying to be an advocate for my baby!) but it was the doctor's orders. Sometimes I think the doctors forget that she is nearly 5 months old (they are used to newborns in the NICU). Jane Baird took her 15 ccs and then went to sucking on her thumb when the bottle was empty. I was so bummed for her. I knew that that wouldn't satisfy her...it was just teasing her. Anyway as luck would have it, Dr. Chong walked in. This was our conversation...
Me: Good Morning!
Dr. Chong: Good morning, how did she do with her bottle?
Me: She did fine, but all she got was 15ccs. Jane Baird drools out more than 15 ccs...that was nothing for her! Can we not up that a bit?
Dr. Chong: Ok, we will give her more.
Me: How about at least an ounce!
Dr. Chong: Ok, we'll start with an ounce every 3 hours.
Me: Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Jane Baird looked up at me like, "Thanks, mommy. You Rock!!!"
So she has been getting one ounce every three hours. She began with Pedialyte. She had Pedialyte at 10:00 and 1:00. At 4:00 they began her on Similac and she got one ounce of that. She got another ounce at 7:00 and then again at 10:00. That will continue through the night and hopefully they will increase to 1.5 or 2 ounces tomorrow. Its looking like we aren't going to get to go home this weekend. Maybe if I become more annoying, they will send us home just to get rid of me...just a thought:) I'm only joking about that. I love our nurses and wouldn't want to drive them crazy. We have been so blessed with wonderful nurses!
One of our nurses was in a little accident on her way to work...someone ran right into the back of her while she was stopped at a redlight. She is ok, but left early b/c her shoulder was bothering her. Please keep Lorietta in your prayers. We hope she is back tomorrow! Amy, another super sweet nurse filled in for Lorietta tonight. Also, pray for Amy. She is with Jane Baird until tomorrow morning at 7:00 Jane Baird is no longer getting her Fentanyl drip and is completely off pain meds. She was SUPER fussy tonight. She threw such a fit for about 30 minutes and finally went to sleep. I hope Jane Baird sleeps through the night and is pain free. If not, Amy will have a very long night and may need a few prayers!
1 comment:
So glad for great news for you. Love the pictures. She is a doll and sure does not look like she has been through all she has.
Post a Comment