Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thumb Sucker

Jane Baird has really become a thumb sucker lately. She has been enjoying her thumb on occasion since she started teething around 2 months old, but now she has that thumb in her mouth all the time! She sucks really loudly and it is so cute!!!
We have been blessed with wonderful nurses throughout our time in the NICU at Children's Hospital. Today we said our goodbyes to 3 of our favorite nurses... Debbie, our morning nurse, Bethany, our evening nurse, and Susan, our night nurse. Our nurses work 7 days on and 7 days off and we feel pretty confident that we will be home before they come back for their next shift. We have spent so much time in the NICU and we have kind of developed friendships with our nurses. We couldn't have had better people to take care of Jane Baird. We love them and are so appreciative of them for loving on JB when we weren't there. Thank you Debbie, Bethany, and Susan!!! We will miss you!!!

2 comments:

Candy Jones said...

So glad things are much better. Love that tu-tu. Looks like she does too. She looks so great in the pics. I cannot believe that she was so sick and can look so good now. But from working with babies a long time ago they are so strong and can recover so fast it seems. Much better than us old people! : ) Again, I am so glad for good news....y'all need and deserve it! Looks like you may be going home before I ever get by to visit!

Meredith said...

Thanks, Candy! We are hoping to be home by Friday but the doctors are so slow about making those big decisions. We go for a swallow test on Tuesday and then she can start bottle feeding if all goes well. I'm sure they will want her to stay for a few days after that to make sure she is gaining weight and keeping it down good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying so hard!!! I don't know how much longer Alan and I can stand this...