Monday, August 17, 2009
Sleepy Girl
When we arrived at the hospital we found out that Jane Baird did not sleep at all last night (this is very much out of character for her...she's normally a great sleeper). Our nurse said that she didn't fall asleep until 5:00am! And after she fell asleep, she only slept a few hours. When we arrived at 10:00 am this morning, Jane Baird was a sleepy little girl. She slept in my arms until around 1:30pm. I hope she gets back on schedule before we take her back home...
When we visited JB this evening, of course she was sleeping again. She slept in my arms for a few hours before we left for the evening. We had to leave a little earlier because we had to go buy groceries.
Alan decided to do something special for me tonight. He dropped me off at our place and then he went and did all of the grocery shopping. When he got home, he put everything away and would not allow me in the kitchen. He cooked me a special dinner while I watched tv and lounged on the couch. We are both so exhausted and SO ready to go home. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband. I just love him! Thank you, Alan for doing something special for me tonight and realizing when I desperately need a break!!!
Tomorrow (hopefully early) Jane Baird will go for an esophagram. After the esophagram, Jane Baird will get her first bottle (if all goes well). Once she starts feeding we will be one step closer to going home. I was hoping to be home by Friday, but our nurse told me that she doubted we would be home that soon :(
This picture below is the only one we were able to get with her eyes open. She was such a sleepy girl today. Hopefully she will sleep tonight and get back on schedule!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment