Thursday, August 13, 2009

JB has been extubated!

This morning when we arrived we were so disappointed to see that Jane Baird was still on the vent. Shortly after we arrived the nurse took a blood gas and it came back perfect so they extubated her. They gave her oxygen through her nose. She was on 2 liters of oxy and then after another blood gas, they reduced her oxy to 1 liter. Jane Baird is a lot more comfortable now that she is off the vent. We could see that she got really happy just seconds after the vent tubes were removed from her mouth. Also Jane Baird no longer has an NG tube in her nose...she pulled it out herself around 4:00 this morning. The nurse called the surgeons and they said they would just have to leave it out b/c it is too risky to put it back in. I have pics from today that I will add later when I have more time so keep checking!

1 comment:

Candy Jones said...

I am so happy. I kept praying today that she would not hurt and that y'all will not have to stay 2 more weeks.....maybe get to go home a few days earlier. Since you will be out of school a while an when Jane Baird is better and able we need to schedule a play date! Or just get together. And Grace and I have decided Logan will be in the friend loop one day too with the girls. I told her that JB and Molly may be arguing over whose boyfriend he is! Those kindergarteners were last year....killed me! And don't worry about getting me all of that info. on consignments. I will find them. You have way too much else to be thinking about!