Monday, August 10, 2009

Grumpy Girl!

Crying b/c the nurses are re-dressing her PICC line.
Doesn't like to be held down Woke up in a great mood!
Playing Peek-a-boo with mommy!
Very rarely will you see Jane Baird throwing a fit. Well when we walked into the NICU this morning I could hear her crying. Shortly after our arrival Dr. Hansen came in to tell us that she was on the schedule for surgery tomorrow. The whole time he was talking to us, JB was staring at him as if she knew exactly what he was saying. (I always jokingly say that she is advanced for her age, but really I think babies are way more intelligent that we know. I feel strongly that JB knows that something is going on. She is not herself today!)
After Dr. H left she wanted to be rocked to sleep. She took a cat nap for about 20 minutes. When she woke up, the nurses were going to change her PICC dressing. Well, she screamed about that (it doesn't hurt; she doesn't like for her arm to be held down). She threw such a fit afterward the nurse was going to have to give her some meds to calm her down. I finally got her calm and she went back to sleep (w/out meds). When she woke up, she was in a great mood. She was asleep again within 15 minutes and visiting hours were ending about that time, so we had to leave. I hope she rested well after we left.

No comments: