Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cookies for Mrs. Palmer

I have been on maternity leave since March 25th and totally forgot that Teacher Appreciation day was in May. My nephew Jack is in kindergarten at the school where I teach and he has the most incredible teacher ever. Her name is Mrs. Palmer. Jack adores her! She has made this a great year for Jack and all of the other students in her class. I remember at the beginning of the school year while riding to school one morning Jack said, "Meme, I hate Fridays!" I said, "I love Fridays!!! Why do you hate them?" Jack replied, "Because that means after Friday I have to wait two more days to see Mrs. Palmer again." I thought that was so sweet. Anyway I feel terrible that I did not remember teacher appreciation day this year. I asked Jack to think of something special to do for Mrs. Palmer and he said he wanted to make her a card (he loves to draw) and bake her some cookies. Jack came over this afternoon after school and we made Cowboy cookies and he made her a card. Jack got to pour all the ingredients into the bowl and turn the mixer on and off. He loved putting in on full speed and watching flour fly everywhere. When I told jack to add the flour to the bowl he said, "Oh good! Mrs. Palmer loves flowers." I thought that was cute. The cookies were very tasty. I hope Mrs. Palmer likes them :)

No comments: