Saturday, May 16, 2009

Anniversary Weekend

Friday was our 5th wedding anniversary but we decided not to really celebrate until Saturday so we would actually have a whole day to do something. I got breakfast in bed Friday morning which was a big surprise even though he does it for me every year. (Anyone who knows Alan knows that he loves to sleep in and its a pretty special occasion if he gets up sooner than he has to.) Alan also fed Jane Baird before work so I could sleep a little longer. After Alan left for work Jane Baird and I decided that we would go on a little adventure. We drove to Hartselle, Alabama to a children's shop that was going out of business and everything was on sale. We didn't find much in her size but Jane Baird got some new luggage for our next trip in June. While there, we heard about another kiddie shop on Main Street so we went downtown for some more shopping. We then headed to Decatur where we shopped some more. Jane Baird got two pretty dresses and lots of hair bows. We love hairbows! After our shopping adventure, Jane Baird and I went to visit daddy at work because Alan has been dying to show her off. Then we went to the drive through at the bank and Beth, the teller at the window begged me to come inside so she could see Jane Baird. So we went inside and all of the ladies had a fit over her. Friday night we got take-out and spent a quiet evening at home (this hardly ever happens b/c we stay so busy all the time). Saturday Jane Baird woke up at 6:30 but after eating she went right back to sleep. All three of us slept in after that. We planned on going to B'ham for more shopping and dinner. We got a very late start b/c we just felt like being lazy. Alan had made dinner reservations at The Melting Pot (my all time favorite place!!!) but we weren't sure that Jane Baird would make it through a two hour dinner so we canceled and went to my second favorite place--Firebird Grill. We shopped first and then we went to eat. We got there right during the middle of the dinner rush and had an hour wait. We sat outside and Jane Baird was a little angel. She was wide awake the whole time just looking around and smiling (she loves to be outside). She slept during dinner and the whole way home. Tomorrow after church, Jane Baird and I have a bridal tea to attend. Alan's cousin Brooke is getting married June 20th (the last day of my twenties--it will be a very sad day for me). Alan asked me tonight if I was going to take Jane Baird to the tea and I said, "Of course I am. Why do you ask?" Alan replied, "I am afraid that Jane Baird might get all of the attention and steal the spotlight from Brooke." I thought that was pretty funny that he thought of that. I think he was just wanting me to leave her so he could spend time with her. I will post pictures of the shower tomorrow. Oh I almost forgot to mention that Jane Baird got her first booger tonight. I hope this doesn't mean that she is getting sick. Since I try to capture as many of her "firsts" as I can, I took a picture. Alan said that was gross but I did it any way. I have two pictures of it--one is gross and one is not-so-gross. I will post the not-so-gross one.
Fell asleep during tummy time
JB is holding her head up pretty well these days so we decided to try her our in her Bumbo
Jane Baird was so good while we waited to be seated for dinner (1 hour!)
waiting with daddy
waiting with mommy
My first booger

2 comments:

Omar and Miss Priss Pot said...

I love how there is a huge "warning" sign right next to her nose! Such a coincidence... but kind of cute! :)

Grace Williams said...

Get the bulb suction ready, because if J.B. is anything like Logan, there will be many, many more of these little things to suck out. I still laugh every time he gets one cause it totally grosses Chris out. The man can change adult diapers, but gets sick when Logan has a booger or eye gunk (Chris calls those eye boogers).