Saturday, September 13, 2008

Busy Day for Alan

Alabama played Western Kentucky tonight and it wasn't going to be on tv so I made a deal with Alan--I told him that if he trimmed all of the shrubs in our flower bed by the front door (it was really beginning to look like a jungle) and if he re-stained our front door and cleaned out the garage we could purchase the game on Pay-Per-View. He got up early this morning and began working on the flower bed and then he stained the door. He got started on the garage but ran out of time before the game started. We got the Pay-Per-View anyway. Alabama won 41-7. Roll Tide!!! Our front door is a wooden front door with 4 beveled glass panels. It was already stained but not sealed yet because I wasn't sure of the color. Our house is red brick with dark shudders and I was really wanting the front door to have a rustic look and I thought a red tint would look good. Not like a cherry but an actual red tint. I went to Home Depot this morning and picked out a tint called "China Red." I was nervous about how it would turn out and the more Alan stained, the more nervous I got. It wasn't until Alan sanded it down a bit that I started liking the color. I meant to take a before and after picture but of course I forgot. Tomorrow I will post a picture of the interior side of the door (which is the old stain color) and the new exterior side of the door.

No comments: