Tuesday, August 12, 2008
My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day that ended well!
Okay so this morning the rain was pouring down when I arrived at school. I had to park in a gravel parking lot off to the side of the school because I had to leave early for my Dr. app. (If I had of parked in my usual spot, I would have gotten blocked in by crazy parents picking up their kids from school.) I get out of my car and open my umbrella and it will not stay opened! I am so aggravated b/c I have a good ways to walk. So I have to hold the umbrella open with one hand while I carry my purse and school bag with the other. I start heading up a grassy, wet hill when my foot slips and my left flip flop breaks!!!! Cars are stopping to let me cross the street but my shoe is broken and I am embarrassed and don't know what to do so I just wave them on and wait for them to pass. I have to walk through the gravel with one shoe off and one shoe on while it is still pouring down. I finally make it into the school and go begging for shoes. It turns out that Susie Vance, a teacher at the school lives just down the road and she was able to call her son to bring her cute Yellow Box flip flops (that just happen to match my outfit perfectly). They were size 9 and I wear size 7 but I didn't care--I was just grateful to have them!!! Thanks Susie--you saved the day.
Well I knew it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good very bad day and it just so happens that this was the day of my Dr. appointment. This was a very special appointment b/c I was supposed to find out if I was still pregnant and if so, was there a heartbeat (If no heartbeat, I was going to have to have a D&C to remove what ever was left of the pregnancy). I just knew that my day was going to continue to go south. Well much to my surprise we saw a heartbeat and we heard it too!!!!!!!! I was so happy that tears began to roll down my face. Alan and I were holding hands during the ultrasound and we were both squeezing so tight. The tiny heartbeat was about the size of a grain of rice and it was flickering. You could barely see it but we could sure hear it.
After the ultrasound we talked with the doctor in his office. He said everything looked great for now, but anything could happen--it's still early. He also said that this baby was going to be the most photographed baby in B'ham. I'm only 6 weeks and I have already had 3 ultrasounds! I have to go back for my fourth ultrasound in two weeks. He also wants me to continue to take the prometrium to keep my progesterone levels up.
Alan and I will finally get a good nights rest tonight knowing that everything is ok for now. Thank you for all of your prayers and please keep them coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Meredith,
Hey, it's your cousin Kathryn. I feel like it has been a long time since I have seen you. I saw your mom and dad this past weekend and she told me your exciting news. I am so excited for ya'll. I pray that everything continues to go well.
We got to talking and your mom mentioned you had a blog page. I started one not too long ago. I am still learning when I do get the chance. http://thedonahoofamily.blogspot.com.
e-mail address: kathryndonahoo@live.com
Next time ya'll head to the Delta, please tell Grandma to call me. She usually doesn't mention anything till after the fact.
Well, I guess I will go check out Allison's blog now. Take good care of yourself and that precious baby growing inside. Congratulations to you both!
Love,
Kathryn
Post a Comment