Couch to 5K
I have always wanted to be a runner but have just lacked the motivation to stick to it. And I am overweight which makes it harder for me to run than your average gal, but still its what I've always wanted to do. I tried it after JB was born and then she got really really sick and I just couldn't make the commitment needed to complete the program. Well, this summer I downloaded the app to my phone and decided to go for it. My sister Reagan and her husband Drew are super healthy exercise freaks so when they came for a visit I ran with them. They were both so encouraging and helped me get motivated to do it. Then after they left, I was left all alone to run...
I ran almost every day on my treadmill while JB was napping and I even ran in the exercise room while at the beach (AND a skinny girl even bragged on me after my run!!!). I ended up finishing the 9 week program in 7 weeks and signed up for my first 5K. I finished in 46 minutes!!! I was sooooo proud of myself. Then school started and I had NO time at all. I ran/walked one more 5K and finished at a horrible time. I was so disappointed in myself :( I am praying for motivtion to get back to it in this new year.
While I was running my 5K, JB and Alan ran the 1 mile fun run. JB actually ran most of it all by herself and only wanted Daddy to carry her once for a minute or two and then she was ready to finish her race. I missed it b/c I was running my race but Alan told me how good she did and JB had a BLAST!






No comments:
Post a Comment