Last Thursday I had another surgery. Jane Baird went to stay with my parents for a couple of days. This was her very first time to sleep away from home (except for her hospital stays). She was so excited to go spend time with her cousins and probably didn't even give her parents a single thought while she was there.
I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful family to help out when I have needed the help. My dad has offered to keep Jane Baird all summer long when I've had doctor's appointments. (It seems that I spent the summer going to doctor's appointments.) My mother took time off work during my surgery to help with Jane Baird and to bring me whatever it was that I needed. My mother and father in law brought groceries to the house after I came home from the hospital and my mother in law came to spend time with JB so that I wouldn't have to lift a finger while my father in law worked on Alan's weed-eater that wouldn't crank. My sister in law and her daughters came over to play with JB and they also helped me prepare some awesome homemade spaghetti sauce and washed every dish in the sink and put them all away. My mother in law came back over just to bathe JB because I couldn't bend over and then yesterday my sister in law and her girls rode with me to B'ham for my post surgery visit and entertained JB while I saw the doctor. And I forgot to mention that my dad aired up my tires so we could go safely to B'ham. And lastly, I am so thankful for my husband who has made sure that I've had some one checking on me every day and making sure that I am not doing any housework. He works 60+ hours each week in the heat all day long and then comes home and does all of the chores. God has blessed me beyond belief and beyond my deserving with such a caring family! I love them all so much.
Going to Grandma's house to spend the night. She wanted to wear her "choo choo bain" pajamas over there.
Since returning home from Grandma and Pop's house after Mommy's surgery, JB has been quite the little handful and acting out big time! Saturday morning she got into Mommy's $30 creme blush and used it all up making sure that Mommy would have to buy more before school starts.
Today was my first day at home with JB without help from family. She got into my purse and unwrapped all of my gum.
She has no idea what gum is so she decided to just carry it around with her (that's what she is holding in her hand below along with my next doctor's app reminder)
No comments:
Post a Comment