Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Plate!

Jane Baird is not a great eater, but she is FINALLY starting to eat more. Alan and I tell her that if she eats everything on her plate she will have a "happy plate." (And there is a little happy song we sing when we make a "happy plate" and she REALLY wants to be able to sing it) For two weeks straight she has tried and tried to make her plate happy, but she just hasn't been able do it; she doesn't like what I make or gets distracted or gets full. Today was her day! We had pancakes for breakfast and she ate every bite and even licked the syrup clean. For lunch she had strawberries and spaghetti and ate every last bite! She must have really worked up her appetite playing in the water outside. She wanted me to take her picture with her happy plate at breakfast so I did and I took it again after lunch.

No comments: