Ok, I'm back.... Spring Break is finally here!!! I just love spring break :) :) :)
This year for spring break I made NO plans. I just wanted this week to be a week that I can choose to do what I want when I want and not have any obligations...so far it's been great.
On Saturday we went to a birthday party. Praislyn Kate (a friend from dance class) turned 2 and we went to her Minnie Mouse birthday party. To say that Jane Baird had a blast would be an understatement! They had big blow up jumpy things and slides and JB spent the entire time jumping and sliding. I was worried about how we would be able to get her off when it was time for presents and cake, but Praislyn's parents took care of that...they unplugged everything and it all deflated. It was so much fun and I'm so glad we were invited.
Sunday morning we all over slept! I forgot to set the alarm and the time changed (which I am still not used to yet) so Sunday ended up being a lazy day. We went to my parent's house Sunday afternoon. I sat in the floor making party favor bags for JB's party while she, Jack, and Hayes watched Yo Gabba Gabba. We went home and I was trying to figure out what we were going to have for dinner when the phone rang. It was my dad calling to let me know that my mom was on her way over to our house to deliver us dinner! My dad's bbq chicken, ribs, green beans, potato salad and mac n cheese :) I just love my mom and dad!
Monday was a great day! We slept late again and I cleaned the house a little and then Jane Baird's other grandparents (Nene & Papa) came over for a visit. Daddy came home and we ran some errands and then it was time to watch The Bachelor!
Tuesday JB slept until 11:00! This gave me time to get ready for my doctor's appointment. We ate breakfast at 11 and then we went to the bank (see pics below), then doctor's office, then home for a nap. I'm loving this week so far!
Praislyn's cake...made by her daddy! He made it the morning of her party and I was adorable. It was delicious as well!

Mandy made all of these cute party hats

Yesterday I heard all this banging coming from JB's room. A few minutes later she runs up to me and says "Mommy push!" She then grabs my hand and walks me to her bedroom. She was trying to push the glider out of her room.
Our trip to the bank! As I have probably mentioned on my blog before, Alan and I are doing Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. Anyway Dave talks a lot about teaching children about money at an early age. Jane Baird does chores around the house to earn money to put in her piggy bank. We make her pick up her toys, put her clothes in the hamper, throw her diapers away, etc. Anyway she earns money for helping us out. Yesterday all the change she was putting in her bank was getting stuck and then I noticed that her bank was full. I decided it was a good time to open Jane Baird an account (for her money that she earns, not for college or anything like that). So off to the bank we went! We were greeted by Mandy (Praislyn's mommy who works at the bank) and she haded Jane Baird a bouquet of suckers that she made. Then we went into the Vice President's office and sat in the important, business chairs. Then JB dumps her piggy bank out and gives the VP all her money. Next she goes to the counter to get her receipt. Then its back to the Vp's office to sign the papers (and JB put her own signature on the papers). This was such a fun, special experience. And I have no idea why all of this is underlined and I dont know how to turn it off...)
Getting her reciept! All of the tellers came out to watch so that's why she is looking away at them. Everyone at the bank made a big deal of this and they were all so sweet. JB is going to LOVE making deposits...we'll learn about withdrawals later on.

But for those of you who are interested, Dave says for every $5 the child saves $2, can spend $2, and gives $1 to charity or on Sunday mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment