Sunday, January 2, 2011

Not off to a good start...

Well, 2011 didn't get started the way I had hoped...
Last Wednesday I took JB to see Dr. Farr to have her ears rechecked. (She has had bilateral ear infections since October.) Her ears hadn't cleared up any and she had been on several different antibiotics. Dr. Farr wanted to try once more with an antibiotic before referring her to an ENT. He prescribed Suprax. Well after dropping the prescription off at the pharmacy, I found that it was very expensive ($250) and the pharmacy didn't have it. As a matter of fact, no one in Jasper had it. So my pharmacy ordered it and it was ready the next day. (And my copay was only $60 so that was way better than 250) We began the meds on Thursday evening. On Friday JB threw up. She got another dose on Friday, and Saturday she threw up. No fever, just threw up once and was totally acting like her normal sweet, funny, cute self. After reading the side effects of the meds, I saw that vomiting was common, so I called the nurse on call. The nurse wanted me to treat her as if she had a stomach bug, but skip the next dose of the meds. (JB has been furious with me about trading the milk for Pedialyte) Anyway when she woke this morning, I knew it was a virus. She had felt AWFUL and been so crabby. She is just pitiful. I hope and pray that this passes quickly. Please send up prayers for JB!

2 comments:

Jennifer Hitchner said...

Poor Baby girl... Antibiotics have never worked for me with ear infections either... try garlic oil and massage behind her ears in a downward pulling motion. You can look this technique up online for a better explaination... it worked for me...

Jennifer Hitchner said...

Poor Baby girl... Antibiotics have never worked for me with ear infections either... try garlic oil and massage behind her ears in a downward pulling motion. You can look this technique up online for a better explaination... it worked for me...