Friday, December 31, 2010

My last blog post

....last post of the year! Wow, this has been a great year for us! Last January I went back to work after being home with a sick baby for 9 months. I was so happy that the surgeries were behind us and we could live a normal life, but it was hard to go back. I didn't want to leave my baby and I had lots of anxiety about leaving her. After that first day back, I knew I was right where I needed to be. We adjusted to our new "normal." Alan and I also began Dave Ramsey's "Money Makeover" in January. My mom wanted to buy the book for all three of her daughters for Christmas but never got around to it. (Mom listens to his radio show every afternoon and thinks he is the greatest) so Alan and I spotted it at Target and bought it. Neither one of us could put the book down. That may have been our smartest purchase of 2010! Jane Baird began preschool at the beginning of March and loved it. I had a lot of anxiety about sending her to preschool, but I didn't have much of a choice. After about a week, I realized she was right where she needed to be and I was so thankful! Jane Baird turned 1 March 26th. Everyone told me that the first year would fly by and it did indeed! We celebrated her birthday with family and close friends. Jane Baird and I enjoyed our summer together. We spent most of it at home and had many pajama days...too many! Our summer flew by as it always does. School began in August and Jane Baird went back to preschool. She was the only baby the previous year, but this school year Mrs. Jenny opened a one year old class. Jane Baird enjoyed having classmates to play with. She got a new teacher, Mrs. Stacey. She LOVES LOVES LOVES Mrs. Stacey. And I must say that I do too. She is so sweet to the children and treats them as if they were her own. JB even calls her Mama sometimes. Knowing that preschool was going well and that JB was happy there really made me feel that everything was falling into place and I could not stress about things so much. I needed to focus on my new class of 1st graders! I got such a wonderful group of boys and girls and I loved them all from the 1st day of school! In September, JB was having some issues with swallowing and choking so Dr. Harmon recommended that she have her esophagus dilated. She had that procedure on the 29th and it really seemed to help. Jane Baird celebrated her second Halloween at Boo at the Zoo. She dresses as rainbow bright and she looked so adorable! I just loved her costume and I spent many hours on it. She had a great night! We went to Mississippi for Jane Baird's 2nd Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's house. She of course didn't eat a single thing at Thanksgiving dinner. She was too busy running around...and crying when it was time for pictures. We ended up stopping at McDonald's on the way home for a happy meal. December arrived so fast...and went by just as fast! Jane Baird had her fist dance recital on Dec 3rd. It was horrible! She woke up from her nap with a fever 30 minutes before show time. It turns out that she had bilateral ear infections. She cried almost the whole 2 minutes that her class was on stage. Jane Baird was terrified of Santa this year so we didn't have her picture made with him. We did try a few times and Santa even made an appearance at her preschool, but she would have nothing to do with him. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with our families. Jane Baird got tons and tons of toys and she loves playing with all of them. Alan and I have spent the last week purchasing items for our home to help get organized. We are re-doing our master closet and trying to get Jane Baird's playroom organized. We've given tons of toys to charity, put some aside for a big upcoming consignment sale, and now we are working on making room for all of the new toys. 2010 has been very good to us and I look forward to 2011! Jane Baird's latest obsession is playing "Ring Around the Rosie"
She will come up to you and grab both of your hands and say, "Ashes, ashes!" And its so cute that you just have to drop whatever you are doing to play with her. She LOVES it! And she knows its more fun with more people. Alan was out of town this week so she would have her doll in the circle with us. These pics were taken the night Alan came home from Jacksonville. JB made him play like 20 times! Daddy was dizzy after playing over and over. But look how much fun she is having! Jane Baird and I played beauty salon and I got out a curling iron and curled her hair. She would be still enough for me to curl all of her hair and then she wouldn't be still enough to get a good pic, but it looked cute! I hope you all have a happy new year!!!

No comments: