Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We planned a trip to Mississippi for Thanksgiving. We were going to spend the holiday with the Baird's (my mom's side of the family). We planned to leave on Wednesday. Alan had to work until noon on Wednesday and Jane Baird had her well baby visit that morning.
Jane Baird and I headed to B'ham for a visit with Dr. Farr. Jane Baird weighed in at 26lbs 12 oz. I forgot how long she was...its written down somewhere! Anyway she is in the 75 percentile for weight and height--healthy girl! Everything looked great except for her ears. Yep, another ear infection in each ear. We got an antibiotic for that and made our way home to pack. Alan got off work by 1 and we were on the road by 2. We made it to my grandmother's house by 7 and visited with family.
Thursday we headed over to my aunt and uncle's house for lunch. They were so kind (and brave) to host this year. There were about 50 of us! I worried all morning about how Jane Baird would do at their house...and it turns out I needed to worry! She would throw a fit if she didn't get her way and was grouchy!!! My aunt and uncle have a spacious house with lots of rooms to explore and she wanted to get in to EVERYTHING! Thankfully they had a large fenced in yard and JB was able to run around outside. I was embarrassed about her temper tantrums, but I guess everyone with children has been there before. We stayed for a few hours and then headed back home. JB was a perfect angel once we got in the truck to head home...
We made it home by 9:30 pm. We made lots of stops on the way including a stop at the Starkville Wal-Mart to buy a Yo Gabba Gabba dvd for JB to watch on the way home. Alan got pulled over for swerving. The officer asked if he'd been drinking and Alan said "No sir...I'm eating sunflower seeds." I'm sure he's never heard that excuse before. We all laughed about that. (He was swerving b/c he had to use one hand to pour the seeds in to his other hand and had to take his hand off the wheel for a sec).
Today we all slept in. We went for breakfast at 10 and bought some groceries for our Thanksgiving feast at home tonight. Well, I wasted the entire day slaving away in the kitchen and we didn't even get to eat together :( Alan went to Urgent Care after the Iron Bowl and didn't return for about 2 hours. Jane Baird wouldn't touch her food so I ate by myself. When Alan got home he went to bed. Oh well! I guess we will be eating left overs all weekend.
We were planning to get out tree tomorrow and decorate, but Alan is not feeling well so I doubt it will get done :(
Ok, just felt like griping a little.... I'm done!

No comments: