I had a really hard time finding a costume for Jane Baird. I wanted something cute and unique. After searching every website I could think of, I found this at Miss Things Boutique. (JB modeled for them in May) Anyway they have really cute well-made stuff and I have a discount code so I could save a little $. This is the "Rainbow Bright" costume. (Rainbows have a special significance to me). Anyway I thought it would be perfect for my sweet little Jane Baird.
There is a VERY long story that goes along with this costume, but I won't bore you with the details. But basically it came a day late and the top was poorly made and it had a hig rip in the back. I found a way to make it work and then realized that the "tube top" wasn't going to look good over a shirt (which she had to wear b/c it will be cold tonight) So last night I sent Alan to Wal-Mart at 11:00 pm for supplies to make a completely new top. I sewed to 1:00 am and then woke up at 8 and sewed for 3 more hours. I finally have the top done...it's not exactly what I had imagined it would be, but oh well! I'll post a pic later...
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Halloween Costume Disappointment!!!
I had a really hard time finding a costume for Jane Baird. I wanted something cute and unique. After searching every website I could think of, I found this at Miss Things Boutique. (JB modeled for them in May) Anyway they have really cute well-made stuff and I have a discount code so I could save a little $. This is the "Rainbow Bright" costume. (Rainbows have a special significance to me). Anyway I thought it would be perfect for my sweet little Jane Baird.
There is a VERY long story that goes along with this costume, but I won't bore you with the details. But basically it came a day late and the top was poorly made and it had a hig rip in the back. I found a way to make it work and then realized that the "tube top" wasn't going to look good over a shirt (which she had to wear b/c it will be cold tonight) So last night I sent Alan to Wal-Mart at 11:00 pm for supplies to make a completely new top. I sewed to 1:00 am and then woke up at 8 and sewed for 3 more hours. I finally have the top done...it's not exactly what I had imagined it would be, but oh well! I'll post a pic later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh no! Good thing you're a seamstress! I'm sure it turned out great!
Post a Comment