We've been so busy lately that I've hardly had time to even sit down at the computer. Jane Baird has been in Preschool for a month now and she is loving it. She has a new teacher and a few little friends in her class to play with. She is doing very well and learning so much.
At school she sits at a table to color (she pouts when she has to sit still, but she does it anyway) and gets to paint and they sing songs. Her coloring is getting pretty good. She used to scribble just a few strokes, but now she is scribbling all over the page. She can say red, blue and Jesus :) I swear the other morning while we were getting ready for school she said "one, two, three" but I couldn't get her to repeat it. She knows lots of hand motions to go along with songs like The Itsy Bitsy Spider and The Wheels on the Bus. It is just precious to watch her. They play Ring Around the Rosie and her teacher told me that she does an awesome job of falling down. They told me her nickname at school is "Wild Woman." I said "That's funny....that's her nickname at home too!" She is always on the go and is wild and crazy all the time. When she eats, she often puts her spoon or fork in her hair and when she is finished eating, she just throws or slings her tray across the kitchen. I've had to tape it down to the table with heavy duty tape. I have my hands full with her but I absolutely love it!!!
School is going great for me as well. I have 18 precious 1st graders. I love each and every one of them and I tell them that all the time. I'm enjoying my class so much and we are going to have a really fun year! I just love my job. I was really sad when summer ended, because that meant back to work for me and school for Jane Baird, but we are both really happy and all the pieces have fallen into place. Praise God!
Not much has changed for Alan since school is back in session...except for a messier house, not so planned out dinners, piled up laundry and an exhausted wife. I so need a housekeeper! He's never complained one bit and he helps out when he can. I just love him!
Friday was Jack and Alan's birthday. Jack turned 8 and Alan turned 34! We went out for birthday dinners on Friday and then cake back at our house. Yesterday we went to the lovely Jasper Mall for a few minutes of shopping, then a trip to the newly renovated Wal-Mart for groceries and then home to prepare food for the ball game. My parents came over for the Alabama game (it was Pay Per View ) and ate with us. ROLL TIDE!!! Today we are having Jack a SURPRISE birthday party (which is what he's always wanted) at the bowling alley. Jane Baird is gonna totally turn the place upside down and probably run down the lanes messing everyone's game up. It will be very interesting to see how she does. Tomorrow we are going to a water park to continue the birthday celebration. I was dying to go to the beach, but there was just too much going on this weekend so I'm settling for the water park!
Here are a few pics of Jane Baird in her Alabama cheerleader outfit during the game last night...
Jane Baird and her puppy, Lulu

Rubbing lotion on her hands

Getting a foot rub from Grandma

Wanting more lotion

She gets what she wants!

Grandma showing her how to rub it on her legs

Watching some football with her Pops

Giving Daddy kisses

Nappy hair b/c she rubbed her dinner in it

Climbing back on the couch to sit with Grandma and Pops

Singing
The Itsy Bitsy Spider...that's her spider she's making with her fingers :)
Down came the rain and washed the spider out
Out came the sun...
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round

ROLL TIDE!!! ROLL TIDE!!! ROLL TIDE!!! ROLL TIDE!!!
1 comment:
I love the cheerleader outfit. She is just beautiful!! She is growing up sooo fast!!!
Post a Comment