Monday, August 16, 2010

Piggy tales, a slap in the face, and dance class

Friday morning Jane Baird wore piggy tales to school. She looked so cute! When I picked up Jane Baird from school this afternoon and her teacher told me that she slapped one of her friends in the face. It wasn't like a little slap, but rather one that could be heard from across a large room. She had to go to time out and when the teacher asked her if she slapped Janey Kate, Jane Baird started crying. I'm glad she was remorseful, but so sad that it happened. Tonight after dance class we sat down and made an "I'm Sorry" letter for Janey Kate. Tonight was Jane Baird's first dance class. It was so much fun for both of us! We started by stretching and then played with a parachute. They little ones walked on their tippy toes around the room and bunny hopped. After that the kids went to a gymnastics area and crawled through tunnels, hung on a bar, and did front rolls. Next we headed to a long trampoline and Jane Baird got to run around and jump. The kids got to jump off the trampoline into a huge foam pit. That was Jane Baird's favorite part. She wanted to do it over and over again. I have to say that she was definitely the bravest one in the group. She would jump without even hesitating and didn't care if anyone was there to catch her! After the pit, the kids went back into the dance studio and played with ribbons and learned a few steps. The class ended with Dora stickers and suckers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute!!

missy said...

I am not sure why my name it says Anonymous? missy