Thursday, June 10, 2010

I love summer! and my carnivore :)

I am loving summer! Jane Baird and I have so much fun together every day. We've been enjoying lots of lazy days in our pajamas til lunch time (and sometimes later than that). Its so nice to be able to stay home and just enjoy our day together and not have to worry things we need to go and places we need to go. Our occupational therapist, Dr. Karen came today. She was amazed at how far Jane Baird has come in just 2 weeks. She is eating just about anything I put in front of her...even meat! I'm just so proud of her. Yesterday morning Jane Baird and I went to pick up her new chair and we stopped my Chick-Fil-A on the way home for some chicken minis. I cut them up into small bites and she ate them and loved them. No choking at all! I got brave tonight and ordered her a kids meal from Chick-Fil-A and again, she ate it...not all of it, but most of it. In addition to that, she also had some of Grandma's mashed potatoes and mac n cheese. My baby is now a carnivore!!! For the next two weeks, Dr. Karen has asked us to practice feeding Jane Baird heavier food such as a variety of meats and crunchy foods. Its going to be weird to shop for groceries this week and not have to go down the baby food isle! This is Jane Baird's new chair. She absolutely loves it. When I first put it in the living room, she gave it three kisses and then started blowing it kisses. It was so sweet. She likes to kick back and watch Nick Jr. while eating her favorite snack...little puffs! She has a funny look on her face in this picture, but she was cramming little puffs into her mouth and it was kind of a weird angle. I was telling Jane Baird how cute and sweet she looked in her new chair so she got up and walked over to get my camera for me! She knows me so well. This is the picture I took. She stood there and posed for me. I love her so much!

No comments: