Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy 15 month bday to my sweet baby girl!

Today is Jane Baird's 15 month birthday (well technically it was yesterday, but it's almost 1:00am and I haven't been to bed yet). She is the sweetest little baby girl and has brought so much joy to our lives. I am so thankful that I was chosen to be her mommy! About Jane Baird at 15 months: I don't know how much she weighs right now (she will get weighed on Monday) but she's heavy! She always wants to be on my hip. She's in to everything! She loves music and LOVES to dance. I downloaded some of her favorite songs on my ipod the other day so she could dance to them...but she will dance to anything with a good beat...the other day she was dancing to the rhythm of the washing machine! Her dance moves are absolutely hilarious. When she dances, she appears to be seizing!!! A stranger might call for help if they were to see her dancing ;) Jane Baird gets up every morning around 8:00 am, has two naps during the day and then goes to bed at 8:00 pm. Her naps usually last between 2-3 hours (yes, I'm lucky!) She loves to watch the shows on Nick Jr. She doesn't actually sit and watch them, but she recognizes the songs and whenever Moose A. Moose comes on, she will stop what she's doing to watch. Her favorite shows are Wonder Pets, Yo Gabba Gabba, Dora, and most recently, she's really been in to Olivia. She was even singing the Olivia song today, which was so precious :) She also sings "Backpack, backpack" on Dora. Jane Baird loves animals. She has some of the Fur Real pets and a Nintendog and she loves them like they are her siblings. Her Nintendog "Lulu" (she named it...our dog is named Tallulah and we call her Lulu sometimes) sleeps with her. When she gets sleepy, she will call for "Lulu." When you ask her what a puppy dog says, she sticks her lips out as far as they will go and makes the funniest noise (cannot describe it!) Jane Baird talks and jibber jabbers all the time. She has lots of words in her vocabulary and knows a little bit of sign language. She will sign "more" when she wants a snack or if she is really hungry. Her daddy has been teaching her to say "Bama" and "Roll Tide!" and she's actually saying it clearly now. Jane Baird loves to climb. She likes to climb up, over, under, through...if it can be climbed on, she's right there! She is also very strong. She hates to lay down to have her diaper changed. She will escape before you can get the clean diaper on and then I have to chase her down. If I'm lucky, I can get her before she tee tees on the floor...there have been a few times that I wasn't so lucky. And lastly, she's not so much into fashion...I've tried and tried to get her to like cute clothes and hair bows, but she's just not in to it :( I'm determined to change that though :) There is lots more I could say about my sweet girl, but I'm off to bed...Jane Baird will be calling "Mama" in less than 7 hours!

No comments: