Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Our family tradition is to get our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving so on Friday we got our tree. We usually get a 12ft or taller but this year those were harder to find and the ones that were really tall were either too expensive or not that great looking. Anyway we ended up getting a 10ft tree that was just perfect and full all the way around. We put the tree up Friday night and Jane Baird watched us from her high chair with a puzzled look on her face. Saturday night we decorated the tree and I wanted to capture Jane Baird's face when she saw it for the first time. Alan worked so hard getting the lights on the tree for Jane Baird. He was hoping for a big reaction. I turned all the lights out and then lit up the tree and took a pic. She reacted just as I expected her too...Alan was hoping for a better reaction and expected a big gasp and her face to light up like we were in a commercial or something. I think its sweet that Alan tries so hard to make her face light up. Jane Baird was more concerned with which ornament to chew on first. (Speaking of chewing, Thanksgiving evening, Jane Baird's 3rd tooth made its way through her gums and continues to reveal itself a little more each day. I haven't been able to capture a photo of it yet but it looks huge compared to her bottom two. She also has another side tooth about to come through.) We still have lots and lots of decorating to do. Its hard to get it all done with a little one crawling all over the place. But it will get done eventually!

No comments: