Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I haven't posted in a while b/c we have been soooo busy! Ok, we went to B'ham on Thursday for Jane Baird's appointments at Children's Hospital. First she had a renal ultrasound. They checked her bladder and other organs. She was so cute laying back on that table just chillin' watching the tv above her. When we turned her over on her belly, she wouldn't stay put...she spotted the ultrasound machine's keyboard and wanted to do some typing on it (that's why I can't update my blog or send out emails anymore with her in my lap...she loves to type!). But anyhow, the ultra sound lady was so sweet and let her reach for everything during theultrasound. She let Jane Baird hold on to part of the cord and Jane Baird that she was hot stuff getting to play with that...she doesn't get to play with cords at home although she is always after the vacuum cord. (Eveything looked perfect, by the way.) After the ultrasound, we went for her Urodynamics Study. I was so dreading this test...I knew a little bit about it and just hated the thought of Jane Baird having to endure a catheter...it was actually 2 catheters...I didn't know about the second one. Anyway she was so calm while they were putting them in...at one point, she lifted up her little head to see what they were doing to her. She gave a look like "Hey, whatcha doing down there?" It was funny. We all had a laugh...everyone except for Jane Baird. She only fussed a little. She hated to be held down. She is usually fine with whatever the nurses and docs do to her as long as she is not being held down. They shot dye into her bladder and watched it fill up and then empty out. This took about 20 minutes and then they were done. The doctor and nurse were both shocked that she hardley fussed over what they were doing to her. The doctor actually said that she was the first baby he had ever done that test to that didn't cry. We were proud to hear that :) (The results of this test came back fine. Dr. Kitchens said her bladder works perfectly fine.) We then met with Dr. Rozelle. He confirmed what we already knew...she has a tethered spinal cord and needs another surgery. He went over all of the risks and there sure were a lot of risks involved with the procedure. At a previous consultation, he made the surgery sound like a simple cut, snip, and then stitch...that's not exactly the case. It is going to be a big procedure with some risks, but most of the risks were less than 1%. We scheduled the procedure for this Friday, the 13th. We have decided not to be supersticious...the Lord is way bigger. After we set the surgery date, we had to get all of the blood work done and meet with anesthesia to answer a bajillion questions. We were so ready to leave...we were all hungry and tired. Finally, after sitting in 3 more waiting rooms for various reasons, we could go get some lunch! We had lunch and then Jane Baird wanted to get out of her seat for a little while so I did some shopping while she and Daddy played in the backseat. I had a few errands to run at the Galleria and there was almost NO people there so we put her in her stroller and let her enjoy being out for a few minutes. It was so nice to get out and walk around and not have to worry about exposing Jane Baird to people who are sick....I have had to really take that seriously since she has been home from her extended stay in the NICU. Anyway we were all tired after about an hour. It had been a long day so we decided to head home....without stopping by Christmas Village. I had planned to go in just for a few booths while Alan stayed in the car with Jane Baird, but we were all too tired. When we got home, we had to QUICKLY get some stuff together for a garage sale the next day. Alan's aunts, cousins, and parents were having a huge garage sale in Rolling Meadows Friday and Saturday and we have PLENTY of junk that we need to get rid of so we decided to put some stuff in. It was already 7:00 when we got home so we didn't gather up very much. We took whatever we had over to his cousins house and dropped it off. I spent all day Friday at the garage sale. I arrived around 8:00 that morning and styed until around 4:00pm. When Alan got off work Friday night, we headed to our storage unit to see what kind of junk we could find in there. We found lots to sale so we dropped that off Friday night. Saturday we got up early and headed back to the garage sale. We were there before 8:00. We stayed until just before kickoff and then headed home to watch the Alabama game. We were too exhausted to do anything else...I think I went to bed around 9:00 Saturday! That never happens. Sunday was spent cleaning. We moved all of the living room furniture and cleaned behind it and then put it back. Then we cleaned out about 15 of our 20 "junk drawers." (I'm sure we are not the only ones who have those around the house...but we probably have more junk than most!) Then we began cleaning out our guest bedroom, a.k.a. storage room. We got a lot done, but we didn't finish :( Monday I was ready for a break. We had several hectic days and so I was ready to just chill for a while. Jane Baird and I were chillin' in the living room when I seddenly remembered that I had a dentist appointment at 11:00! I had to jump up and get ready and then we were off to the dentist's office. I may have mentioned this before, but my dentist is a friend from high school and she has an adorable son that's about a month older than Jane Baird so her office is very baby-friendly. Jane Baird loves playing in Chase's exersaucer and she also loves all the attention she gets from everyone who works there. Today I finally get my break...if you would call it that. I have been playing with Jane Baird, doing laundry, doing the dishes, cooking, changing diapers, feeding my sweet girl, making bottles...not much of a break, but its the most break I will get! I did get a few moments to sit down to update my blog....then Jane Baird wakes up. Oh well! Pictures to come...

No comments: