Monday, August 31, 2009

What a day!

Ok let me start with the positive...God has really shown out in my life. I am so blessed and and very thankful for the many blessings. I know that I am very lucky to be living such a wonderful life. Ok, with the positive out of the way, I am going to vent about my rotten day. It began when I couldn't find my keys this morning. Jane Baird had a doctor's appointment (follow up after surgery) with Dr. Georgeson at 9:45 and I tore the house up searching for my keys. I knew Alan had something to do with this. I called him and of course he says he didn't touch them. I ALWAYS put my keys in a particular place. Alan can never find his. I had an important errand to run before going to the doctor, but I didn't get to go. I called my mom and she let me borrow her car to go to B'ham (Thank you, Mom. I can always count on you :-) The waiting room at CHS was PACKED! I kept JB covered in her stroller so that no one would look at her or breathe on her. After waiting for an hour just to show my insurance card and pay my co-pay, this boy and his mother come and sit right next to me and JB. The boy was about 13 or 14 and he is carring this bucket full of used tissue. I though how gross. All of a sudden he starts (excuse the spellig and gross description but its the only way I know to describe it) hocking up these loogies and spitting them into the bucket. I was about to gag and JB and I quickly got up and went to the hallway by ourselves to wait to be called. We waited a total of 2 hours and then we were finally called back. The check up went great and I mentioned that she coughs sometimes when she finishes her bottle. He sent us for another esophagram just to be sure everything was ok, and it was. I also had him check her belly button. It has a weirdness about it so he looked at it and I was right! He explained why it looked the way it did and said that it was a little tatooed. I am not sure what that meant...she's never been to a tatoo parlor. But the rest of his explanation made perfect sense but I can not explain it back now. Anyway her belly button is fine. We went to visit with our friends from the NICU while we were waiting on 2:00 (espphagram time). It was so good to see everyone!!! As it turns out we missed our espohagram appointment b/c they called us like 45 minutes early. So we went back to X-ray and had to wait with a bunch of loud-mouthed parents. I swear, sometimes parents are worse than kids! Anyway they finally called for us and then we went back to wait for 45 more minutes to find out the results. As I mentioned earlier, everything was fine (Praise God!) When we were leaving the hospital I noticed that my stroller wasn't rolling smoothly like it usually does. (It is a jogging stroller that is all terrain) I started looking at the tires and noticed that one of them was almost flat! Thankfully we made it out of CHS before we had a blowout. Anyway we got to the parking deck elevators and there was a long line of about 20 people and they were rude! They weren't waiting there turn to get on the elevator. So JB and I decided that we would just walk...it would be great exercise for me since I didn't get to run this morning. So JB and I walked all the way up to the 5th level. I was starving to death b/c I had not eaten anything at all and I had no idea that we would still be at the hospital at 2:30. I had planned to just get something quick on the way home. I was talking on the phone as I was driving and totally missed my food exit. That was the last one before home. I guess I saved myself $5 and a ton of calories. I ate a weight watchers meal when I got home (Yay me!) Oh and I forgot to mention since my keys were lost, I had no way of getting back into my house this afternoon if I locked it. I had to leave the front door unlocked all day. When I got home, my mom went in with me to make sure no one was hiding waiting to jump out at me. All was fine. By the way, that was the 1st and last time my door will ever be unlocked so if you are reading this and are thinking about coming over to try to get in while I am away, don't waste your time. I ALWAYS lock my doors...even when I am home. There are like 10 more bad things that happened to me today. I won't bore you with those. I just kept thinking to myself each time something rotten happened "I wonder what God wants me to learn from this experience?" One thing I did learn...when someone comes into a waiting room at a doctor's office with a bucket, get up immediately and find a seat far, far away. Ok, I'm done venting :-) Back to the positive. I got to spend so much time with Jane Baird today. Because we were not home, she didn't nap like she normally does. She just slept in the car. She was in a great mood most of the day and I even got her to laugh. We played for an hour in the doctor's office and had so much fun! I love being with Jane Baird. She is the best ever :) Pictures to come...

1 comment:

ashley&christy2001 said...

Glad your doctor visit went well, I absolutly hate going to doctors office for the simple fact that noone think about anyone but themselfs let alone a poor little baby whos immunity isn't real strong yet.