Wednesday, August 5, 2009

We've moved!

I haven't given a good update in a few days b/c I'm so tired! A lot has happened the past few days but I'll just give the jist of it... Yesterday was the esophagram and of course we found that there was a fistula which can only be corrected with another surgery. We talked to Dr. Chong this morning and he said that he thought she may actually have 2 fistulas. That was a shock but both can be fixed during the same surgery. He said the chance of a recurrence is not likely unless we are REALLY unlucky! He also commented on Jane Baird's hair...no, not that she looked cute with her sweet little hairbow. Dr. Chong says, "What's up with that hair? It looks like she has a mullet or something!" And my reply was "Well she had a good bit of hair until we checked into this hospital. You guys just have her laying here all day rubbing it all off!" It does kinda look like a mullet in the back now. We've Moved! No, we haven't left the NICU but we now are in a private room...for now at least! For those of you who have visited us, you know how the NICU is set up. Well next to JB's bed space was a little private room enclosed in glass. That is the isolation room for babies with cooties. The baby that was in that room got to go home yesterday. I have been eyeing that room for a while now. After the room was cleaned and disinfected I started building my case for why we needed to move into that room 1) Jane Baird is older than the other babies and a veteran of the NICU 2) She has a louder cry than the other babies and may wake the others (I'm so considerate) 3) She would take better naps if we had a space large enough for her swing 4) Jane Baird like to be sung to and I am not a good singer 5) Jane Baird needs a larger room because mommy and daddy were going to buy her a tv to keep her entertained 6) She has lots and lots of dresses that need to be hung 7) We needed to organize her belongings in one of those little rubbermaid 3-drawer storage things. I could have gone on and on... I convinced the charge nurse to let us move in!!! We can have the room until a baby comes along with cooties. In our new private room :) The new TV
Hairbows to match every dress
Her Swing
From the outside looking in
Other Highlights Missy, Megan and Jonathan came to visit us this evening. Jane Baird was asleep the entire time (She ended up sleeping the entire night. She was still sleeping when we left at 10:00 tonight) Megan and Jonathan got Jane Baird the cutest elephant from the gift shop. I have a feeling that JB's favorite animal will be an elephant (Roll Tide!) My mom and dad also came to visit. They brought a wagon full of stuff for us from our house. As soon as they arrived at the NICU, they had to close visitation b/c a precedure was being performed in the NICU. All visitors had to leave. We all went to Newk's to eat a wonderful dinner while we waited for visitation to re-open. When we got back to the hospital the NICU was open for visitation once again. Also my dad brough us some of his famous cookies! He makes the best chocolate chip cookies and he brought us a bag full of them. Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

Candy Jones said...

Wonderful news on getting moved. I love that you get to try and make things as homey as you can in the hospital. That is great for Jane Baird and her mommy and daddy. David forgot her name again last night......MG said, "Daaaaahhhhddeeeee.....her name is JANE BAIRD!" : ) He said he was sorry he just cannot remember names. She is one of the only other double name little girls we know so I have no idea why.