Friday, August 28, 2009
Week 1, Day 2 of Couch to 5K
This morning I invited my sister, Morgan to walk with Jane Baird and me. I picked her up this morning around 9:00. She came out of her house in a black tank top, khaki pants and flip flops! I was like "Didn't you hear me...we are going to exercise. You can't run in that!" She was like "Oh...I didn't know we were going to be running." I made her go back in and change her clothes.
We got to the park and I got Jane Baird in her stroller (I have a jogging stroller) and Morgan put Hayes in his stroller. We got started with a 5 minute walk and then it was time to run for a minute. Morgan was like about to die after 5 seconds! Hayes was yelling "Faster, Momma!" and Morgan just couldn't keep up with me (I hope she reads this :-). I would have to jog in place and wait for her to catch up. By the time she caught up with me, it was time to run again. Anyway we finally made 30 minutes. We let Hayes play on the playground when we finished our workout. He cared more about the rocks than he did the playground equipment. I got JB out of her stroller and she had fun sitting with me and watching Hayes. I just know that JB and Hayes will be great palymates one day :-) I brought my camera but the battery went dead after like one or two pics.
Morgan and I have plans to do this again tomorrow, but I bet she will find an excuse not to go with me...wait and see. I know her pretty well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go, Meredith! I'm proud of you! I ran my first 5K in April, and it was so much fun. I just started training again about 2 weeks ago. I'm getting prepared to run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on October 10th in honor of my Grandmother. I love to run, and I know you'll grow to love it, too! Just keep going, and don't give up!
Thanks Stacy! I am so proud of myself. I have only done it for two days but I feel confident that I will keep it up. I also noticed that it is way easier to run on the pavement rather than on my treadmill. I guess I am trying to go too fast on the TM. Good luck in the Susan G. Komen race. Your grandmother is in my prayers!
Way to go Merideth!!!I absolutly love to run. I really would love to run in the Mercedes one day, but I seem to find plenty of reasons that keep me from training for them.
Where do you go to run? So glad that Jane Baird is home and y'all are so happy. MG loved seeing the pics of Jack.
There is a new park in the Farmstead area. I think its called the North Jasper Park. It has a really nice walking/running track and a playground for the kiddos.
Post a Comment