Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Great Sleeper
This morning Jane Baird slept until 8:15! She is doing so good and I am so proud of her. I want her to learn to play in her bed by herself for a little while so we are practicing that. I can hear her on the monitor when she wakes up and its so cute listening to her talk to herself. I peek around the corner into her room and watch her kick her legs. I wait to go in until I just can't resist her any longer and then I go in and I am greeted with the biggest smile :-) She is such a happy baby!
Morning Walk
We went for a walk at the park this morning. We lasted about 20 minutes...could've gone longer, but there was a man there spraying weeds or something around the trees and I could smell it in the air and knew that it wasn't good for Jane Baird to breathe that in, so we quickly left.
Training for a 5K (yes, I'm serious...stop laughing)
Ok in November of 2007 I started working out EVERYDAY and began getting myself into shape. I never skipped a day. I bought a pedometer and made sure that I got 10,000 steps in each day. I started walking on the treadmill and would attempt to run but it was so hard. After losing a few pounds, I started running a little bit. I would run for one minute and then walk for 4 minutes and eventually I could run one minute and walk the next minute and then run and then walk so on and so forth. It took a while, but I lost about 60lbs. Then I got pregnant and almost miscarried so my doc put me on "pelvic rest" and said no exercise. I had to work extra hard not to gain a lot of extra weight throughout my pregnancy w/out exercise. It was tough but I only gained about 25 pounds. After JB was born we found out that she was sick and had to have surgery and stayed in the NICU for a while. Alan and I didn't eat to healthy during that time and I started putting weight back on. We were finally home from the hospital and I spent my days with JB and didn't worry too much about exercising. Well, she got sick again and we again were living off of microwavable meals and Little Debbies once again. I have gained weight since March and I know that I need to do something about it now! My dream has always been to run a 5K (don't laugh) and I know I can do it. It's just a matter of finding the willpower and keeping it. I am the most determined person I know and when I want something bad enough, I go after it and get it (99% of the time). The reason I'm writing about it on my blog is b/c if I put it in writing and know people are reading it, I have to do it or I will look like a L-O-S-E-R! So it's out there now and I have to do it :-) Please pray for me to find the willpower to get started and reach my goal. I need lots of encouragement so please leave me comments!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Meridith just wanted to tell you I have been following your blog since Jane Baird got sick this last time. I am so glad she is doing well.. I encourage you to keep up the hard work and do the 5k race. I think after what you guys have been through so far I think a 5k will be a piece of cake LOL for you.. Love Ya Girl. Kelly
Meredith,
Jane Baird looks soooo good!!! I gave a praise report on her tonight at church and everyone clapped. We have been praying for ya'll as everybody else has. I encourage you to exercise and do what your heart desires. I have recently lost 20 lbs. and it is not easy but I was determined! It is so much easier to play with the grandbabies now! I can even run again and breathe at the same time!
Love to you and your family, Vicki
Ok, Meredith. I love this quote:
"I am the most determined person I know and when I want something bad enough, I go after it and get it (99% of the time)."
Noooooooooooooo! That totally DOES NOT sound a bit like you. Seriously? You're determined? :)
Ha! I'm not sure what the word is-- but you're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond determined. It's a good quality to have. And by the sounds of it, you've passed it on to Miss JB!
So go for it, girl! You can do it. Show Miss JB how the Reese family does it!
xoxox
Post a Comment