Thursday, July 16, 2009
JB is felling better!!!
I was up until 2:00am feeding JB her teaspoon of Pedialyte (I actually increased it to 3 teaspoons). I had to call the nusre last night around 10:00 b/c I didn't know how long I should continue feeding her every ten minutes. She said to continue until midnight and then get some rest. She also said that if JB didn't have a wet diaper by 2:00 am, to take her to the emergency room so of course that scared me so I stayed up feeding her until 2:00 am (b/c I'm just that kind of mom who goes above and beyond ;) Anyway at 2:00 am I saw a little trickle of teetee so I was relieved!
JB woke up bright and early this morning starving of course. I fed her the rest of her pedialyte. She took about 3 ounces w/out throwing it up. When I checked her diaper I noticed that she was wet so I gave myself a pat on the back for doing a great job of keeping her hydrated. When I picked her up, there was a huge wet spot where she had been laying (so I got another pat on the back) and it was on Alan's side of the bed and not mine, so that was good (just kidding:) The wet diaper ended up weighing like 10 pounds! Then after I changed her, the diarhea set in real good (It wasn't that bad yesterday). I changed her diaper 4 times before we ever got out of bed. I am keeping her sweet little bottom buttered with Desitin so hopefully she will not get diaper rash. Thankfully Angie was in B'ham yesterday and she stopped by Sam's and got me a large box of Pampers (236 count). Maybe I will still have a few diapers left after this virus.
Ok so we are out of Pedialyte completely so that means in an hour or so I will need to try to give her a watered down bottle (Jordan, that just means that there is extra water in the bottle. She emailed me last night to ask what a watered down bottle was after reading my blog...I thought that was cute!) I hope she will be able to tolerate her formula. If not, we'll be heading to Winn Dixie in the storm that is headed this way.
Thanks for all of the prayers for Jane Baird!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment