Friday, June 5, 2009

Photography Class

So today was my first photography class. There are 3 of us--Grace Williams, Amanda Darty Waits (she's my dentist) and myself, of course. We learned about aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, lenses, and metering mode (but I couldn't tell you a thing about any of it without looking at my handout). Our homework assignment for this week is to play around with our camera settings. I have been playing with my camera all night...I'm mentally exhausted! I had no idea photography is so complicated. I've had to get out my user's manual to try to figure things out. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am NOT a manual reader. If I can't figure something out by looking at it, I hand it over to Alan to figure out. If he can't figure it out, he reads the manual and then tells me about it. So I must really really want to learn if I spent my Friday night reading my camera manual. It's kinda funny that I took a photography class today and have no pictures to post. We did take pictures today, but none of mine are worth showing. If the weather is nice tomorrow we may get outside to take some pictures. (I didn't watch the weather tonight b/c I was too busy reading my manual) Next week we go to the Botanical Gardens and I think we are learning about lighting. I am really excited. Grethel's class is really fun!

No comments: