Saturday, May 9, 2009

Celebrating Mother's Day a Little Early

Tomorrow will be my first mother's day and Alan will be going to North Carolina for work tomorrow :( so we have been celebrating today! Alan has made sure that this has been a very special day for me. It has been the best day ever!!! He and Jane Baird got me a pocket HD video camera. We have a video camera that we bought a few years ago but I hate carrying it around so I never use it. This new one is about the size of a Blackberry and fits right in my pocket. I love it! Then he took me to eat at one of my favorite places in Tuscaloosa--DePalmas. After that we shopped all day :) Jane Baird ended of getting more new things than me but I guess that's how it goes when you have kids. I don't mind that one bit--we love buying for her (You can tell that by looking in her closet. She actually has two closets, a large dresser, a chest, and 3 large plastic storage bins full of clothes under her crib.) Anyway I bought her a gorgeous Strasburg cotton and lace dress from their heirloom collection (pictured below) and got it at a GREAT price!!! I also got her a cute Bama smocked dress for this fall/winter. It was 50% off so I couldn't pass it up! We also found a great consignment store (I'm addicted to consignment shops) called Deja Vu. They had tons of cute clothes for JB. I bought a few things there but she doesn't really need much. I just love being the mother of a sweet baby girl. Girls are so much fun!!!
My 1st Mother's Day I love my baby girl!
Jane Baird loves her mommy
JB loves her daddy too
Daddy loves his baby girl
Her pretty new dress
JB loves her new dress
Especially the collar. She loves to play with it and chew on it!
Pretty girl
Okay, mom. Enough pictures!
Her new Bama dress.

1 comment:

ashley&christy2001 said...

Happy 1st Mothers Day to you,being a mommy is such a blessing. JB is beautiful, and you are so right girl stuff is so much fun to buy, I am lucky to have two boys, but love buying stuff for my niece and friends little girls...Your pictures are awesome,she is beautiful